Website for cheap cruises

flossU2

We are not allowed to advertise specific Travel agency web sites on Cruise Critic. There are many. Google "last minute cruises" and you will get a good selection of cruise sites, then you can compare and contrast the deals you find. Looking for last minute deals(a couple months or less before sailing) you will find some of the very best prices, but cabin selection may be limited (or possibly sold out) in certain categories.

I do not know of any web site where you can go and check to see ALL the cabins that are left for a particular cruise. A method I use is to do "pretend" bookings on NCL.com. When you pick a cabin category, like balcony, and then you will get a choice of several cabins. I do the same on a couple other online travel agency sites, and that way can get a good idea what is available in a certain category. I usually keep a list if I am interested in a particular cabin category and check methodically each day. There may be an easier way, but since any posts on here giving specific TA web sites will be deleted I have never found any better method yet.

I do not know of any web site where you can go and check to see ALL the cabins that are left for a particular cruise. A method I use is to do "pretend" bookings on NCL.com. When you pick a cabin category, like balcony, and then you will get a choice of several cabins. I do the same on a couple other online travel agency sites, and that way can get a good idea what is available in a certain category. I usually keep a list if I am interested in a particular cabin category and check methodically each day. There may be an easier way, but since any posts on here giving specific TA web sites will be deleted I have never found any better method yet.

I do the same. If it's a particular cabin that you're interested in you can plug in the cabin number and see whether it's booked or just wasn't on the list they give you. It would be nice if there were a spot on they're site and it would check the cabins for all categories at once but it would probably be a nightmare to program

Shirley,

Some would prefer a lower price or lower price on a higher priced cabin, at least. Others would prefer an on board credit or other amenity. Different deals occur throughout the year, but nothing consistent. As others have said, you keep your eye on it. I like to put myself on the email notification from all the companies who advertise here on C.C.. Just above the orange words "Norwegian Cruise Line" on this very page, you'll see a blue "Cruise Agencies." Click that to see what agencies are out there and ask for email. Email me and we can talk about it: p gauker at bellsouth dot net. Put Cruise Critic & flossU2 in the subject line so I don't delete it!

If it's a particular cabin that you're interested in you can plug in the cabin number and see whether it's booked or just wasn't on the list they give you. It would be nice if there were a spot on they're site and it would check the cabins for all categories at once but it would probably be a nightmare to program

If I am understanding you correctly, it would probably be pretty easy to program. None of the programs are ever going to show you (or even a TA) the entire available inventory. That's proprietary, and it's pretty easy to figure out why they wouldn't want that information easily available.

There is a web site that show's all available cabins for other cruise lines, but not NCL. I'm not sure why that is. We always use this site when looking at a cruise on one of these lines.

Rollie

I'm interrested in knowing what agency this is. Can you give us a hint of what to search?

I found our great deal on the site that "cruises compete" for the best price. I learned about it on here. You put in what ship/line you are interested in and what type of cabin....Hit the button and wait for TA's to respond. You will usually get about 4-5 TA's to respond and then you can go from there. Not sure if this will get deleted but good luck! We saved about 200 overall booking this way vs going thru NCL.

There is a web site that show's all available cabins for other cruise lines, but not NCL. I'm not sure why that is. We always use this site when looking at a cruise on one of these lines.

I guess I will take your word for it, though I can't see why any cruise line would want to tip off the competition regarding their sales, much less customers who would just look for an empty ship and hold off until prices drop. A TA once told me that they don't even have (direct) access to that information. I guess I'm going to have to scan around the internets for that site!

I guess I will take your word for it, though I can't see why any cruise line would want to tip off the competition regarding their sales, much less customers who would just look for an empty ship and hold off until prices drop. A TA once told me that they don't even have (direct) access to that information. I guess I'm going to have to scan around the internets for that site!

OH, but they do. :) I am a late booking cheap cruiser. I've been cruising this way for over 25 years. I used to use 800 number booking agents, long before the internet. Inventory is pretty easy to determine, if you plug in a date and find "7" cabin choices in most of the catagories, then you can pretty well figure out that it's going to price dump at some point.

Currently, I'm waiting out a mid January cruise, that dropped $200 last week. I'm not talking about on a high priced cabin, but the cheapest inside. So the rate is now $499, still showing, those "7" open cabins in each catagory, I'm waiting for the next rate drop. :) BUT, I also am fully prepared NOT to go, if I miss out. Many people are not that flexable.

Inventory is pretty easy to determine, if you plug in a date and find "7" cabin choices in most of the catagories, then you can pretty well figure out that it's going to price dump at some point.

That's how I book, too, BQ. I guess my point is that you can't differentiate between a 500 room category being 10% full or (493/500) 98.6% full.

Archived