bananarama resort

giddy2travel

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic shore snorkeling - walk up to the far side of the water taxi dock and walk in. In 2 minutes you're snorkeling over part of the 2nd largest barrier reef in the world!

Make sure you buy some cookies from the coffee shop on the grounds - they rock!

We were there in the last week on "Equinox" and it was the best beach day of our cruise.

Went in a minibus with 6 others and paid (up front) $20 each return. Asked the driver for "West Bay" and he dropped us at Bananarama. He asked us all what times we wanted to be picked up and found us on the beach now and again to see if we wanted to go back earlier. In our case it was just the opposite and we stayed 2 hours longer than we first planned.

It was quiet at first but as the other cruisers arrived it became livelier but at no time was it too crowded or busy. You will get lots of kids trying to sell you everything from sea-horses to Rolexes which can be a bit annoying as it is the same kids every 5 or 10 minutes but this is their means of income and must be accepted.

The beach, sea and snorkelling together with the choice of beach-bars (not just Bananarama) made it a perfect day - not just the best beach day of this cruise but the best of many islands and cruises. We liked it so much we may have a "fixed-base" holiday here one year rather than a cruise.

And yes, you can get a lobster lunch for $8!

Enjoy it

Ron

Lobster lunch for $8 you just made my day complete...

I'm really glad you wrote here because the new port looks nice and I was second guessing my choice..

But at the same time I really want to go outside the pier area because I love roatan.

thanks again

Lobster lunch for $8 you just made my day complete...

I'm really glad you wrote here because the new port looks nice and I was second guessing my choice..

But at the same time I really want to go outside the pier area because I love roatan.

thanks again

Hi , I have been in touch with Louise from the Bananarama Resort , we are trying to book a day with snorkeling and kayaks for 40$ per person . the phones are having problems and she keeps emailing me saying that she will call me, but hasnt yet . how did you book them ? im really excited to go there but they are making this hard then it should be i think.

I was having the same problem but they were so helpful about what i needed that i persisted til i finally got it done over the phone...phones are not always reliable there..but i kept trying to phone the number they gave me but in the end i emailed and they phoned me back and we got it all settled...I think it will be worth it in the end..it's really beautiful that part of the island and I want to snorkel so it's also better there..If you are going after me which i think you are I will try to let you know how it went..ok?

keep trying they seem super nice to me.

Archived