Has anyone ever had a reserved oceanview room?

bowlman23

I saw on RCCL's website that they have some good deals for an oceanview room, but it's only a reserved one and not a specific one. They say that they only give out the room number after full payment.\

Are these rooms generally terrible? What are your experiences with it?

Thanks.

A guaranteed oceanview?

I booked a guaranteed oceanview on my Radiance sailing and I got a STELLAR cabin. I upgraded from an inside room because the price difference was minimal. I figured even if I got an obstructed room it was better than an inside. If you are looking for a specific oceanview room, I recommend you book the cabin you feel will make you happy.

Hello, Look at the locations of the cabins in that category and find the worst locations- far end of the ship, under the kitchen, etc. If you would be happy in that, go ahead and book it-check to see how much more it would be to select your own as well, sometimes it's not that much different...Good luck and have a great cruise...Maureen

Yep, a guaranteed oceanview. It's a decent difference between the two, pricewise

A guaranteed oceanview?

I booked a guaranteed oceanview on my Radiance sailing and I got a STELLAR cabin. I upgraded from an inside room because the price difference was minimal. I figured even if I got an obstructed room it was better than an inside. If you are looking for a specific oceanview room, I recommend you book the cabin you feel will make you happy.

Hello again, My only "bad" experience with a guarantee was when we were put under the main dining room. At 5am, they started pulling chairs over our heads and dropping plates and forks . We asked at the desk and were able to change to another cabin, but, that is not always possible...Your first cruise, you want to make sure it is special. What exactly are you looking at? Remember, if first cruise and worrying about being seasick, you want to be low on the ship and in the middle. The good news is the lowest decks are the cheapest!!...Maureen

Hello again, Bowlman, I just looked at your other posts and I see that you are talking about the Oasis!!! Well, congratulations on picking THE most expensive ship. Would you consider doing another ship? I'm doing the Freedom of the Seas in January, either 599 for an inside or 679 for an outside. Freedom was built in 2006...Maureen

HAHA_ I guess cuz I'm going in January, I assumed that's what you meant by "early next year". Still, though, the link you gave was 239 to 269 - 30 dollar difference, right??...Maureen

It's a $30 difference between interior and oceanview, but it's a $200/pp difference if I have to officially reserve a specific oceanview room as opposed to reserved oceanview. Big difference in price.

Hello, Oh hell, no!!! I wouldn't go from 269 to 469 for a 3 nighter!!! Shoot, come with us on the Freedom for 7 nights for 599!!! Although that is January, I haven't looked at April. Did you try moving your dates around a little, you might find a better deal..P.s, in your link it said police, do you qualify for the LE price-that might make a difference-any chance you're over 55? My BF turns 55 in April and I am looking forward to the discount!!!...Maureen

I saw on RCCL's website that they have some good deals for an oceanview room, but it's only a reserved one and not a specific one. They say that they only give out the room number after full payment.\

Are these rooms generally terrible? What are your experiences with it?

Thanks.

The one time I did it, we ended up with a partially obstructed view one.

We booked a gty oceanview on the Monarch (leaves Monday woo hoo!) and got room 2026. It is the bottom level (which is fine with me) so it has a smaller window. It is also towards the front. We are early risers so I'm not too worried about noise from docking, so my only concern is motion - I'm hoping being on the bottom helps. It is our first cruise so I'm not sure if it will affect me anyways.

So that is the room we got booking gty. We had 2 price drops and were reassigned that room every time.

There is still plenty of time for the prices to drop. If you don't like the guarantee room you get you can always go back into the pool and be reassigned. For the price difference I would definitely go with the guarantee ocenview. That is as long as you don't have issues with some locations. Good luck and happy cruising!!:)

We did a guaranteed cabin o/v on Carnival Inspiration. Got a wonderful cabin right at the back (aft) of the ship. We looked out the back. It was a wonderful cabin. There was a ledge by the window where I would sit and watch the ocean.

Archived