Photos of pull-out sofa??

marysb

Our DD's slept on the pullout sofa bed when we had an SA on the Westerdam. No problem getting to the balcony.

We had a triple on the Volendam (not a Vista class) and the sofa was before the beds. When the sofa was made into a bed DD was sleeping armrest to armrest.

(not a Vista class) and the sofa was before the beds. When the sofa was made into a bed DD was sleeping armrest to armrest.

We've had this before and definitely prefer it. Last year we were on the Norwegian Dawn, and it really was a hassle to "climb" over the pull-out and slide open the heavy balcony door. I think having a hinged door will also help the situation.

I guess no one took pictures, but can someone tell me how much of a challenge it will be to get out onto the balcony if my 12 year old is sleeping in (he's not an early riser)?

I did not post a link to the HAL staterooms/Cabins website because you specifically asked for Vista Class ships.

If you'd like to look at a couple other class ships that have the made up sofa photos you can click on one of the links below in my signature.

Wish I could help more...

Joanie

do they fold the bed away every day so you have space to move around or is it just left as a bed for the duration of the cruise

The stewards will do it whichever way you prefer. Just let them know your choice.

If they don't make up the bed you have to climb over it to go out on the balcony. Just ask my DD how many times I stepped on her when she was trying to sleep in. Aside from that issue it was a great room for three, especially with the curtain between the sleep area and the closets.

We have had this set-up on the Oosterdam and the Zuiderdam, with our 9 yr. old son. It is a tight squeeze to get to the balcony when it is open. But once he was up it was very easy to fold it up ourselves to open up the area. Later the room steward would come in and make it up correctly.

If you reserve a quad room is there a birth that folds down from the ceiling or is the couch a double and considered the 3rd and 4th bed?

I've stayed in J-category quads on Main Deck on the Noordam and E-dam. In those cabins the couch is a single bed, and there is another single which drops from the ceiling, over the two primary beds.

Hi Ruth

I know you have put on this board some of your favourite inside cabin numbers on specific ships

would you mind doing that again and telling us why for each cabin (if applicable)

I remember a thread where one poster had an inside and it was surrounded by white space on the deck plan and she complained of the noise

thanks if this isn't too much trouble:)

Hi Ruth

I know you have put on this board some of your favourite inside cabin numbers on specific ships

would you mind doing that again and telling us why for each cabin (if applicable)

Whew! That sounds like a tall order. Let me think.

On the S-class ships I'm particularly fond of J-345 (the number may have changed on the Veendam to allow for the additional cabins). I also like that cabin on the R-class ships, and was in it on my recent Rotterdam cruise. I'll also be in it on my Amsterdam cruise next August. That's because in both cases my K-2619 was already taken. :(

What I like about them:

The J-category cabins are on Lower Promenade, and are handy-dandy for lifeboat drill. They are also close to the forward and mid-ship elevators (on the R-ships), so the walk to wherever is never far.

The K-category is exactly at mid-ship. This is as smooth a ride as you are likely to get in rough seas. It's also a different configuration, and larger than the other insides.

On the Vistas, and the E-dam, I like the J-category cabins on Main Deck---especially near mid-ship, and on starboard side. I'm partial to starboard anyway (my first ships had main passageways on starboard, and I tend to that side as a result). But on the Vistas/E-dam, those cabins are further away from the disco one deck up; less possible noise that way.

The J-category cabins on Main Deck are huge. I like that in a cabin. :D

Hope this provides what you're looking for.

Archived