Serenade Cruise Compass Summary

OK, Just off the Serenade on Saturday. Have had several ask for the compass and as it is so large to scan, copy and email, I will just do a general summary. If anyone has any more specific questions, please feel free to ask.

Day 1, San Juan Puerto Rico

(we got to port at 11:30, line was not moving, starting moving about 11:45 and we were on the ship by 12:15)

All Aboard 6 PM

6 PM Muster Drill (no life jackets required)

6:30 Main Seating

7:45- 8:30 Sail Away Celebration Poolside

8:45 Late Seating (all other nights at 8:30)

10:30 PM Welcome Aboard Show: John Caponera, comedian.

DAY TWO ST THOMAS

Formal Night

8AM arrival to St Thomas

5:30 All Aboard

7:30 - 8:45 Formal photos

7:45 - 8:30 Captains Welcome Reception

9:00 & 10:45 PM Vibeology in the Theatre

10-11 Formal Photos

10:15 Battle of the Sexes (Safari)

11:00 Adult Karaoke (safari)

DAY 3 ST CROIX

8:00 AM arrival to St Croix

Suggested attire: Caribbean

5:00 All Aboard

8:00 Name that TV Tune (Schooner Bar)

10:30 Love and Marriage Game Show (theatre)

11:00 Puerto Rican Buffet, poolside

11:00 - 80's night, Vortex

11:30 Dancing Under the Stars, Poolside

DAY 4 ST KITTS

8:00 Arrival

Suggested attire, Casual/Caribbean

4:30 All Aboard

7:00 & 9:00 Beatlemania Live/theatre

8:00 Name that 70's Tune/schooner

10:30 70's Street Party, Centrum

DAY 5 DOMINICA

Suggested Attire, Casual

4:45 Sailaway Festivities

5:00 Mr Serenade Contest, Poolside

7:00 & 9:00 "Stage to Screen" The Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers

10:15 Wild West Country Music Dance Party. Centrum

10:30 Latin Fiesta Deck Party, poolside

10:45 majority Rules Game Show, Safari Club

DAY 6 BARBADOS

Formal Night

7:00 & 9:00 Headliner Show: Kenny James

9:30 Name That Celebrity Trivia, safari club

10:00 Adult Karaoke, safari club

10:15 Crew Talent Show, theatre

11:30 Quest, safari club

DAY 7 AT SEA

Suggested attire: Casual

9:00 - 3:00 50% off end of cruise sale, poolside

10:15 Captain question and answer session, theatre

11:30 Win a cruise Bingo, theatre

12:30 Walk for Wishes, poolside

12:45 Ice Carving

1:45 Name that movie line, schooner bar

7:00 & 9:00 Farewell Show/ US Gymnast Lance Ringnald

10:00 Farewell Party, Vortex

No, I would just rather spend the day reliving the cruise instead of doing laundry and catching up on paperwork!!!

Haha, I understand! I just had one more question...do the compasses list the dining theme on them? It's usually located on the bottom of the first page, or on the last page with the dining times. Some names are Chef's Dinner, Venetian Feast, etc. Trying to make sure we don't book Chops & Portofino on the wrong nights! Thanks!!! :D

Haha, I understand! I just had one more question...do the compasses list the dining theme on them? It's usually located on the bottom of the first page, or on the last page with the dining times. Some names are Chef's Dinner, Venetian Feast, etc. Trying to make sure we don't book Chops & Portofino on the wrong nights! Thanks!!! :D

Bethany, There is nothing listed on the menus. The only thing listed is where it say suggested attire: Caribbean.

There was an old thread for the 7 day menu. Leave me see if I can find it. I had it printed and took it along to see how it compared. Some night were the same, some different. Let me pull it to the top and the compare

OK, Just off the Serenade on Saturday. Have had several ask for the compass and as it is so large to scan, copy and email, I will just do a general summary. If anyone has any more specific questions, please feel free to ask.

Day 1, San Juan Puerto Rico

(we got to port at 11:30, line was not moving, starting moving about 11:45 and we were on the ship by 12:15)

All Aboard 6 PM

6 PM Muster Drill (no life jackets required)

6:30 Main Seating

7:45- 8:30 Sail Away Celebration Poolside

8:45 Late Seating (all other nights at 8:30)

10:30 PM Welcome Aboard Show: John Caponera, comedian.

DAY TWO ST THOMAS

Formal Night

8AM arrival to St Thomas

5:30 All Aboard

7:30 - 8:45 Formal photos

7:45 - 8:30 Captains Welcome Reception

9:00 & 10:45 PM Vibeology in the Theatre

10-11 Formal Photos

10:15 Battle of the Sexes (Safari)

11:00 Adult Karaoke (safari)

DAY 3 ST CROIX

8:00 AM arrival to St Croix

Suggested attire: Caribbean

5:00 All Aboard

8:00 Name that TV Tune (Schooner Bar)

10:30 Love and Marriage Game Show (theatre)

11:00 Puerto Rican Buffet, poolside

11:00 - 80's night, Vortex

11:30 Dancing Under the Stars, Poolside

DAY 4 ST KITTS

Suggested attire, Casual/Caribbean

7:00 & 9:00 Beatlemania Live/theatre

8:00 Name that 70's Tune/schooner

10:30 70's Street Party, Centrum

DAY 5 DOMINICA

Suggested Attire, Casual

4:45 Sailaway Festivities

5:00 Mr Serenade Contest, Poolside

7:00 & 9:00 "Stage to Screen" The Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers

10:15 Wild West Country Music Dance Party. Centrum

10:30 Latin Fiesta Deck Party, poolside

10:45 majority Rules Game Show, Safari Club

DAY 6 BARBADOS

Formal Night

7:00 & 9:00 Headliner Show: Kenny James

9:30 Name That Celebrity Trivia, safari club

10:00 Adult Karaoke, safari club

10:15 Crew Talent Show, theatre

11:30 Quest, safari club

DAY 7 AT SEA

Suggested attire: Casual

9:00 - 3:00 50% off end of cruise sale, poolside

10:15 Captain question and answer session, theatre

11:30 Win a cruise Bingo, theatre

12:30 Walk for Wishes, poolside

12:45 Ice Carving

1:45 Name that movie line, schooner bar

7:00 & 9:00 Farewell Show/ US Gymnast Lance Ringnald

10:00 Farewell Party, Vortex

So did we keep the ship in "Ship-Shape" for you???

We were on the Serenade the cruise before yours thru the canal coming from the coast.

I can tell you this, the crew on the Serenade made our cruise for us. They were really the best. We have cruised many times and you can always tell when the crew is sincere and genuine!

Did they have a Mixology Class in the Champaign Bar? Did you go??

Welcome home!

g

Newsier,

Yes the ship was in great condition. We loved it. You must not have been to hard on it the week before. I have to agree that we had great staff. Our favorite is Sam the bartender, he is the best!!

We did have a very slow wait staff in the dining room. We were a group of 13 at one table. We were normally the last ones out of the dining room. We did sit and do alot of talking and blamed it on that, however the other table our waiter had, was a six top and they were also next to last. We would notice the table next to us getting their desert menu, when we had just gotten our entre. However, we enjoyed our meals and made the best of it. Would never let it ruin a cruise, as the food was well worth the wait.

Did not do a mixology class. Will have to look and see if it is on the compass.

Newsier,

Yes the ship was in great condition. We loved it. You must not have been to hard on it the week before. I have to agree that we had great staff. Our favorite is Sam the bartender, he is the best!!

We did have a very slow wait staff in the dining room. We were a group of 13 at one table. We were normally the last ones out of the dining room. We did sit and do alot of talking and blamed it on that, however the other table our waiter had, was a six top and they were also next to last. We would notice the table next to us getting their desert menu, when we had just gotten our entre. However, we enjoyed our meals and made the best of it. Would never let it ruin a cruise, as the food was well worth the wait.

Did not do a mixology class. Will have to look and see if it is on the compass.

We did MTD and it was great......................we did MTD last January on the Indy and it.........................well I probably should't use that word.

Although we only ate in the main dining room (MTD) 4 times during the 13 nights on-board, they remembered us and asked where we have been! Really made you feel wanted! LOL

Boris was my bartender in the Solarium Bar and Gilbert in the Cigar Bar on deck 13 - - great people. those bar tenders had a loose pour also. I drink Jack Daniels straight up. I would sometimes order a double and had to tell the bar tender to stop as it was about to run over the top of the glass.....................it's a good thing I wasn't driving!

We did Portofino's and Chop's, all very good. The snack bar on deck 12 is a well kept secret - - - good ruebens and the like.............many people never found it untill the last few days of the boat ride, which was good for us!

We also liked the outdoor area of the Windjammer.

Take care.

g

Skiiergirl.

Yes the compass list all aboard for 6PM, which I don't really understand. But I guess as long as you are aboard before muster, it is ok. Sailaway wasn't till 8:30. We were on board a little after 12, so we didn;t pay attention to how late people came on.

newsier, sounds like you liked MTD. I think maybe we will try that next time. 6 is to early so we did late this year, but it was 10:30 most nights till we got done, and that is just way to late.

Would you mind to double check...is all aboard really 6:00 pm the first night in San Juan? I know muster is at 6:30 since ship is scheduled to pull out at 8:30 but I understood that they would book flights to arrive as late as 6:00.

Thanks.

We were on this sailing with waterbug. During the muster drill we watched as people were still being boarded. Lucky them - they didn't have to sit through the stifling drill.

We did MTD and it was great......................we did MTD last January on the Indy and it.........................well I probably should't use that word.

Although we only ate in the main dining room (MTD) 4 times during the 13 nights on-board, they remembered us and asked where we have been! Really made you feel wanted! LOL

We also liked the outdoor area of the Windjammer.

Take care.

g

Good to hear. We did MTC on Freedom in January and loved it. I was concerned it might not work as well on a smaller ship. So glad to hear your experience was good!

Skiiergirl.

Yes the compass list all aboard for 6PM, which I don't really understand. But I guess as long as you are aboard before muster, it is ok. Sailaway wasn't till 8:30. We were on board a little after 12, so we didn;t pay attention to how late people came on.

newsier, sounds like you liked MTD. I think maybe we will try that next time. 6 is to early so we did late this year, but it was 10:30 most nights till we got done, and that is just way to late.

We were on this sailing with waterbug. During the muster drill we watched as people were still being boarded. Lucky them - they didn't have to sit through the stifling drill.

Thanks so much!

Archived