Carnival Sensation 11.15.09 Review

angela111509

Back from our Sensation wedding! It was truly a great day!

We live in Orlando so the night before the wedding my family and my best friends (all from out of state) stayed at the Doubletree Oceanfront in Cocoa Beach. We had a nice dinner and stayed up a little too late but had a lot of fun. The folks at the hotel were very nice and the hotel was very clean.

It was nice to wake up to the Ocean on Sunday. My hair lady came at 8:30am. I used Infinity Salon and Spa, Cocoa Beach. I would NOT recomend them to ANYONE!!! I drove (an hour and a half) the week before for my hair trial. My hair was PERFECT. I had been a little hesitant about them because their communication had not been all that great (not returning phone calls, then calling me a bunch of times acting like they had not talked to me when they had.) Unfortunatly, someone else (the owner) came to do my hair on Sunday morning. It was a DISASTER. I gave her the same picture that I had given the other lady. I could tell it was not going right (she started with my hair in a pony tail - I told her this was not what the other lady had done but she insisted.) So then over an HOUR later she shows me in the mirror what she has done and it is TERRIBLE. Nothing like the week before. My hair looks like it is all plastered to the back of my head in a big ratty heap. I tell her that I am not happy and she asks me what is wrong with it. EVERYTHING was wrong with it, I didn't know what to say!!!! I also knew with that much hairspray it could not be fixed. So she starts pulling out hunks to make it "looser." I ended up with my hair in a curly pony tail. And I was VERY late! It took 2 and a half hours for her to do a curly pony tail that I could have done in 15 minutes by myself for free. She acted like she was giving me a discount when I went to pay her. I didn't really care about that at all. I was late, freaking out, and had ugly hair. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Anyway, I got to the terminal about 11:30am. I could not tell you how the check in went for my guests because I was not there. (Yes, I am still upset.) My guests were boarded before me and I was taked straight to my cabin. My cabin was not ready which was really not a big deal, they let me get dressed in it. The wedding coordinator was super nice and asked us some basic ceremony questions. At that time I gave her our guest book frame, favors, and some little decorations that I had bought for the favor table. Then my husband left to go and get himself and our son dressed. I got ready on my own and then I called my best friend because I was so upset about my hair and being so rushed that I told her I just wanted to go home. She came down to my cabin and so did the coordinator and the photogropher. We took a couple of pictures, met my dad in the hallway and were off to Michelangelo Lounge. I walked down the aisle and everything was perfect! The cermeony was great and short! I loved our officiant - she was super nice. Then, it was off to the reception.

The reception was in the Plaza Lounge. The pictures online looked ugly, but it didn't look bad at all! The food and ice sculpture were amazing. The food was also VERY yummy! The servers came around with drinks and everyone seemed to have a great time.

We cut the cake and did the toast at the beginning which would have been okay if we had done anything else (we did not do a first dance or a flower/garter toss.) So I might have asked them to do the cake later. But the cake was delicious and very pretty. We brough our own cake topper. The rest of the reception went by very quickly! The coordiator had done an amazing job setting up our guest book/favor table and went around and made sure everyone signed it.

After our non-sailing guests left we went and took pictures on the backdrops in the hallway and then out to the deck. I asked her to come to the Muster Drill but they did not have anyone put on their lifevests for the drill so there was no need for her to come and take a picture.

We had a piano player (George) he was wonderful. The coordinator was very nice and so were the servers. Our photogropher was okay - I had made a list of photographs that I wanted (it was not very long) and she didn't really look at it so we missed some. I don't have any pictures of the food or of my husband and son together.

Honestly, other than the hair, I have no complaints at all! It was a GREAT day and I would reccomend a cruise wedding to anyone!

778921972_Wedding1.jpg.822e7a910580b08fd8a43513a6e1e1f5.jpg

cake.jpg.de32d4b99a95635565375512a79f0d50.jpg

30203517_FavorTable.jpg.21480755360d6291179300c753f1b5b0.jpg

Archived