Captains Club Benefits reduced

Stevealan

Azamara has reduced Captains Club benefits to the point they are a joke. A party or two is all that remains. Celebrity has one of the best cruise loyalty programs in the business and Azamara had adopted these benefits but now has eliminated them. One would think they would learn from other companies when benefits are provided and then eliminated. Angary consumers will take their business elsewhere. From henceforth I will sail with Celebrity and Oceania but not Azamara. :mad:

Stevealan,

I believe what you are seeing on the Azamara site are the same ones that have been showing for a while. These are what Celebrity had prior to their recent upgrade for Elites. I am guessing that they weren't changed at the same time since Azamara is making many changes and want to announce these at the same time. Probably on Dec. 8, when other changes are announced.

I certainly wouldn't pick a cruise based on a loyalty program, but it is certainly a plus to have a good one and a tie breaker if there is a choice with a different line.

I never pick a cruise based on past passenger benefits!

Even using Celebrity as an example, what they offer is to the exclusion of others such as Kitchen Tour, Back stage Tour, and Formal ("Elegant") Tea. On HAL as a good example, everyone is invited to the Kitchen Tour, Back stage tour if available, Royal Dutch, Indonesian Tea and Tea in the dinning room every afternoon and all you can stuff laundry for $12.00 or $15.00.

Celebritys program is based on excluding others (even though most past passengers aren't interested in the kitchen on their 11th cruise).

When I booked our B2B on AZ for 24 days next year

I realized that my Princess Elite benefits would not be matched by AZ such as free internet and laundry...

In actuality my Celebrity Elite benefits aren't as good as Princess

but I made the choice to book AZ on the fabulous itinerary and port times that Azamara has

They are far superior than Princess' or any other cruiseline

Perks are always pleasant, but I'm onboard for the ports of call!

When I booked our B2B on AZ for 24 days next year

I realized that my Princess Elite benefits would not be matched by AZ such as free internet and laundry...

In actuality my Celebrity Elite benefits aren't as good as Princess

but I made the choice to book AZ on the fabulous itinerary and port times that Azamara has

They are far superior than Princess' or any other cruiseline

Perks are always pleasant, but I'm onboard for the ports of call!

Couldn't have said it better myself...

We are also Platinum with Princess, and last two cruises were with Azamara... Az has made it very difficult to cruise any other lines, not only with their unique itineraries, but also for the quality of food and mostly for the staff friendliness... something that the free internet on Princess cannot compensate for!!

MC

Couldn't have said it better myself...

We are also Platinum with Princess, and last two cruises were with Azamara... Az has made it very difficult to cruise any other lines, not only with their unique itineraries, but also for the quality of food and mostly for the staff friendliness... something that the free internet on Princess cannot compensate for!!

MC

Hi Marie-Claude,

Since you just came back from AZ, what can Elite (like us) expect on our cruise with AZ in January? Anything close to X or RCL?

BTW, nice photo for your Avatar. Is it from your last trip?

Thank you for your response.

Hi Vana!!

Thanks for the comment on the picture! Yup, from the last cruise!

As for the benefits, I can't really tell as I am not Elite on RCL/X/Az... just classic! And also, our cruise was a Reunion Cruise which meant a lot more activities/perks for all Captains Club member.

We received:

- the 5$ off laundry coupon (I think it's 10$ for Elite)

- the 10$ off internet package (maybe 25$ for Elite?)

- complimentary arts and crafts classes - they were actually fun!!

- the usual Azamara tote

- an new Azamara tote (looks like a Longchamps bag)

- stainless steel luggage tag

- Elite's received a free excursion in Alexandria

- they also had special cooking demonstration, wine tasting

While the perks are nice, they're certainly not deal breakers for us! Itinerary rules!!

I'm sure you'll have a great time on the Journey!!

MC

On our August 2009 cruise, Elite members were given 90 minutes of free internet access. You did NOT have to buy a package of minutes to get the free minutes. I'm hoping this is still true on our upcoming cruise.

On our August 2009 cruise, Elite members were given 90 minutes of free internet access. You did NOT have to buy a package of minutes to get the free minutes. I'm hoping this is still true on our upcoming cruise.

this would be wonderful!

I don't doubt you

I just would like to see that in writing from AZ! :D

please give an update when you return from your cruise

You were lucky. On our October 2009 cruise, Elite members had to buy an internet package in order to receive free minutes.

Hi Everyone !

I agree with those who mentioned that loyalty perks would never be a reason to pick a Cruise line. Sure, they are welcomed, but they are never a dealbreaker for us. There are far better reasons to choose a specific line/ship.

With that said, there have been rumors that Azamara will be upgrading their loyalty program. We've been hearing it for a while. I'm wondering if this could be a part of the supposed December 8th announcement. Stay Tuned !

Can you give us a link to the source of this announcement? Is this being done in anticipation of Azamara launching its own loyalty program? I need more information please.

go the the Captains Club tab on the Azamara website and look at the benefits.Then compare them to the Celebrity benefits. Other than a couple of parties, there really are no benefits of worth.

AZ's Captain's Club benefits are inferior to Celebrity's, they have to bring them up to the same or better if AZ is an upscale line. If they don't include this in the Dec. 8 announcement, it will be a glaring omission. I am not a gambler; but I would even be willing to bet big money that they will improve. :D

AZ's Captain's Club benefits are inferior to Celebrity's, they have to bring them up to the same or better if AZ is an upscale line. If they don't include this in the Dec. 8 announcement, it will be a glaring omission. I am not a gambler; but I would even be willing to bet big money that they will improve. :D

Hi Mike !

I agree the Captains Club benefits need improvement. Hopefully, they will at least bring them to parity to the recent improvements at Celebrity. I've been hearing for many months that Loyalty updates are in the works, though I have not heard anything about it of late.

It would be a wise move, if the Loyalty updates were a part of the supposed December 8th announcent, though I hope it's not the only item they announce. If it were, I'm sure most would be disappointed.

At any rate, its only 2 weeks to go, so we will know the details soon. Stay Tuned !

Hi Andy,

Since Larry has been with AZ for a while now, it is time for him to make some changes to put his touch on the line. He wasn't hired to maintain the status quo. The changes to AZ might not be as sweeping as some have suggested, but I am sure they will make it an even better line than it is now and gain the respect they deserve. I can't wait for February to finally experience AZ for the first time.

Hi Andy,

Since Larry has been with AZ for a while now, it is time for him to make some changes to put his touch on the line. He wasn't hired to maintain the status quo. The changes to AZ might not be as sweeping as some have suggested, but I am sure they will make it an even better line than it is now and gain the respect they deserve. I can't wait for February to finally experience AZ for the first time.

Hi Mike !

I agree that it's time to see what Azamara has been working on, since Mr. Pimentel took charge. I'm sure that Mr Pimentel has been working very hard to mold Azamara into his vision for the future. I have a feeling there will be some noticible changes, and I am very eager to see his blueprint for Azamara. Could there be an addition to their fleet ? That would be great news !

As a non-drinker, I am not excited about any talk of all-inclusive liquor (which seems to be getting most of the debate on this thread). With that said, I can understand the logic behind it, as I'm sure they want to increase revenues/profits... though it might push our future back to Celebrity.

If all inclusive liquor is in Azamara's plans, I truly hope it could be offered as an optional package, so it does not force the non-drinkers to look at other Cruise lines. IMHO, it should be about choice.

I remain confident that Mr. Pimentel and his Azamara team, will make excellent decisions. If the December 8th date is accurate, we will see their vision in less than 2 weeks.

Archived