AO age question?

Mollypuss

I know I have seen the thread, but can't find it searching. We will be cruising on the Liberty in April. Our daughter will be turning 6 mid cruise. Will the staff allow her to join the 6-8 year old group in the kids club? To make it worse, her cousin who is traveling with us will be turning 6 right before the cruise! Thanks for the help.

The ruling is whatever age the child is at time of sail date....but having said that.....Just go and meet the counselors on the 1st day and talk to them. If there is not alot of kids in the 6-8 group, they will most likely let your daughter join her cousin in the 6-8 group. Don't be surprised if they don't make her go her 1st night/day to the 3-5 group though. And then they will switch her.

The Liberty is so much fun. I know you guys are going to enjoy the cruise.

Thanks for the info. This is our first RCCL cruise with our daughter, so I wasn't sure how firm they are. She didn't use the club much on the Disney cruise we went on, she wanted to be with us most of the time. However, I tend to get 'cabin fever' and need some space now and then!

We have the same problem. My 5 year old has been on 4 cruises and knows the Aquanaut program well. We are cruising on the Raidence in March and she turns 6 in April. I asked the AO program coordinator on the Mariner last June if they let any kids move up if they were very close to their birthday and they were experienced cruisers. She said that many coordinators allow it on a case by case basis, but some are real rule followers and dont allow it. Good Luck.

Archived