Amerisuites FLL being renovated

Moeve

Having been there in March 2003 it was showing lots of signs of wear & tear however we stayed there again now in Dec 2004 and were plesantly suprised. They are puting in new carpets, curtains, bedspreads and even new couches. When it is finished it wibe a nice place to stay at especially if we are going to continue getting it at under 100USD. Hey if you are not paying Ritz or Waldorf Astoria prices you can´t expect the world can you!?! The Amerisuites is still a good buy if it is only for one night.

That's great to hear. We are thinking of booking this hotel for a group of 14. Although, I would prefer to stay at the Marriott Marina because of the water taxi.

How far is the water taxi from Amerisuites?

Thanks!

If you will be reserving several rooms be sure to get confirmation numbers FOR EACH ROOM.

Pre cruise we had a group of 6 -- 2 rooms reserved under 1 confirmation -- and when we checked in were told that they were overbooked and could only give us 1 room, since we only had 1 confirmation number. She checked the computer and kept saying there was only 1 reservation for us. (And we heard her telling the same story to several other groups as well.) :eek: Let me say there were a lot of unhappy campers in that hotel that night. We took the one room and kept checking back, as the desk clerk had suggested, but never got the second room. Next morning when we checked out, the day desk clerk asked why we were only checking out 1 room. When I told her the story of the night before, she said that there were indeed 2 reservations in the computer for us. Lot of good it did after the fact...:mad:

Lets hope they work on the one in Plantation, FL next :(

Rooms ok. Continental breakfast better than I expected. Shuttle driver was excellent. He even took us to Publix market that evening to pick up our wine.

Got us to the pier with no problem, he was right on time picking us up.

Thanks for the tip. That must have been one miserable night...6 in one room!

Well, at least everyone kept a good sense of humor about them, which helped. The 6 people were my husband, myself, my daughter, son-in-law and 2 family friends -- girls my daughter's age. Talk about togetherness... :D :rolleyes: ;)

Archived