Transport to/from PBI airport to Miami Cruise port

nicki1pt

Hi,

I'm cruising out of MIAMI and considering flights to PBI airport. Anyone know of transportation costs to and from the airport? It is just my daughter and I and renting a car is not an option. I searched online and saw a company charging $200/pp!! But that was for a limo....

Thanks!

Nicki

Hi,

I'm cruising out of MIAMI and considering flights to PBI airport. Anyone know of transportation costs to and from the airport? It is just my daughter and I and renting a car is not an option. I searched online and saw a company charging $200/pp!! But that was for a limo....

Thanks!

Nicki

A taxi would also run about $200.

Hi,

Thanks!

Nicki

Nicki,

If you don't mind complex logistics, here goes:

Cab from POM to MIA, catch the TRI-Rail from MIA to W. Palm Beach, then short bus run from the train station at WPB to PBI. Rail fare is less than $10 PP. Be advised that luggage will be a major pain, on/off on/off on/off etc. The trains run approx. every 40 minutes Mon. thru Fri. Every 2 hours on Sat./Sun./holidays. Someone else on this board probably can give you the cab fare from POM to MIA.

You say rental car is not an option which really would be the way to go. Usually no drop fee and you control your own destiny. You can probably arrange for one at POM (Enterprise) and be at PBI in 90 minutes.

A shuttle for 2 will probably run you $95 to $125. Call SAS.

Good luck with your decision.

Thanks for the advice, but I totally lucked out this morning. :eek::rolleyes::) The flights went back down for Spirit into FLL!!!! Thank goodness. So now I just have to worry about transport from FLL to MIA.

Should I purchase the cruise transfers or is there cheaper transport? Carnival is $60pp.

And if anyone is looking....Spirit has sales on now through tomorrow.

Thanks.

Thanks for the advice, but I totally lucked out this morning. :eek::rolleyes::) The flights went back down for Spirit into FLL!!!! Thank goodness. So now I just have to worry about transport from FLL to MIA.

Should I purchase the cruise transfers or is there cheaper transport? Carnival is $60pp.

Thanks.

A taxi is a better deal at about $75 plus tip from FLL to POM, but you can do a lot better than that with a shuttle service.

We are using SAS, they have great reviews on these boards. Very prompt in confirming us via e-mail. $15 per person and will pick us up at our hotel in Fort Lauderdale to POM. They will also pick us up at the end of the cruise to go back to FLL.

The downside of going with the cruiseline transport is that they willl use a greyhound type bus and you could sit there for a long time waiting for it to fill. Had that happen to us a couple times.....

Archived