I'll stick with the Spirit class ships

Lots of threads and posts stating the problems with the dream and so on and of course the cheerleaders pop out with the popcorn comments. If you are skeptical of the Dream or any other ship for that matter why not stick to what you know from the past when it comes to picking a ship. I for one will stay with the Spirit class whenever possible. Yeah I have been on the Glory 4X and it was good and the Splendor again OK but in my mind the Spirit class is by far the best overall. I only wish they built more of these!

I agree with the Spirit class being my first class of choice.

I would like to see the Dream for myself, once the kinks are ironed out. I was on the weather bandwagon until I started reading the reviews of the second cruise.

And, I need to study how the Splendor is a standout.

I completely avoided the Conquest class once I found out it was just a larger version of the Destiny class.

Honestly, feature for feature I find all the classes of ships to be comparable. Aside from the dinner club, an extra story in the dining room, a slightly bigger main lounge and the odd bar here or there, based on passenger count the public areas of all the Carnival ships are pretty much equal.

That said the cabin is what helps me decide on the class I like best. For a 1A it has to be any of the larger ships (love those front of the ship porthole cabins!), for outsides and balconies it's either the large ships or a Spirit class, and if it's an inside sign me up for a fantasy class (especially if it's one with the serenity deck and the waterpark!) The reason I like teh Fantasy class for insides is the rest of the ship is less crowded IMHO. For Cat 12 I'll actually give the nod to the Fantasy class since the balconies are so private and I like being so close to the water!

Lots of threads and posts stating the problems with the dream and so on and of course the cheerleaders pop out with the popcorn comments. If you are skeptical of the Dream or any other ship for that matter why not stick to what you know from the past when it comes to picking a ship. I for one will stay with the Spirit class whenever possible. Yeah I have been on the Glory 4X and it was good and the Splendor again OK but in my mind the Spirit class is by far the best overall. I only wish they built more of these!

I agree with the Spirit class being my first class of choice.

I would like to see the Dream for myself, once the kinks are ironed out. I was on the weather bandwagon until I started reading the reviews of the second cruise.

And, I need to study how the Splendor is a standout.

I completely avoided the Conquest class once I found out it was just a larger version of the Destiny class.

I am trying my first Conquest class in Jan. after 3 Spirit Class in a row, now I'm scared:D

Just wondering, what is it about the Spirit class ships that you really enjoy?

The layout, the flow, the open aft, the retractable roof for inclement weather, the two deck of promenades, the ability to walk around the back of the ship on deck 3, the less crowded feel, and the lido "stations" restaurant.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Having only sailed on the Miracle and then the CTN on the Dream, I totally agree with your comments. There is no flow in the Lido on the Dream, the stations are badly appointed. Also, on the Miracle there are two center family pools, only one on the Dream. Waiting to see how this plays out once families start to cruise on the Dream. Also, not much mentioned, is the fact that the Dream really doesn't have a promenade deck where you can lean on the railing and look out to sea, you can only this on the back of the Dream to look down into the ocean. The rest of the promenade has glass. Lastly, the Supper Club on the Miracle is so much prettier with the windows and the glass from the "funnel".

I am trying my first Conquest class in Jan. after 3 Spirit Class in a row, now I'm scared:D

Don't be scared. Not everyone likes the bigger ships...But then again I would never base my decisions on a particular ship off a few bad reviews..

People have an opinion about EVERYTHING and you can take it or leave it...

I would rather try it out for myself and decide based on MY OWN opinion not someone Else's. :rolleyes:

BUT I do have to add, my favorite ship has to be the LEGEND hands down..lol:D

Just got off the Dream and tho I really loved it and was not as OVERWHELMED as I was afraid I was going to be with the size of it, I am a spirit class gal at heart. So after SUFFERING thru an ENTIRE day of ACB (after cruise blues) what did I do but call Carnival and book a cruise for next May on the Miracle! ;):p:):D

Honestly, feature for feature I find all the classes of ships to be comparable. Aside from the dinner club, an extra story in the dining room, a slightly bigger main lounge and the odd bar here or there, based on passenger count the public areas of all the Carnival ships are pretty much equal.

I agree 100%..The actual layout of the ship looks to be the same as Destiny and Conquest class ships..What am I missing here? :confused:

I to love the Spirit class ships. I have been on a few others and I'm trying the Dream in May and I can't wait. The Dream looks like a beautiful ship. But I don't think nothing will compare to the spirit class. They are easy to navigate and are just the right size and I love the decor on all of them.

The Spirit was nice but OUR favorite has been the Destiny. We like to lay out by the pool in the shade not in the sun. The Spirit did not offer any shaded loungers.

Agree with you about the lack of shaded loungers. We were on the Legend in September, and the only shaded areas around the pool were at tables and chairs. We also found it odd that there were no chairs or loungers on the Promenade Deck. Is this the norm for Spirit class ships? Needless to say, it was one of our BEST cruises to date!!!

I haven't been on the Spirit class yet, though I am looking very much forward to being on the Legend in April. However, I personally love the Conquest. She's a wonderful ship. I certainly wouldn't want anything bigger ... I'll never even cruise the Dream, let alone the Monstrosity of the Seas, errr Oasis of the Seas.

Love the Spirit class ships and the 7A's - Have been on the Legend twice and will be on the Spirit this coming summer. We have also done the Liberty which we liked the 6E's which I think they have changed catagories. Have also done the Destiny which we liked and the Imagination - ok I have loved them all :D- but truly the Spirit Class is my favorite. (I also loved the adult only pool and bar area at the back of the ship).

The layout, the flow, the open aft, the retractable roof for inclement weather, the two deck of promenades, the ability to walk around the back of the ship on deck 3, the less crowded feel, and the lido "stations" restaurant.

you took the words out of my mouth :). i love the spirit class, especially the spirit ship itself and the passenger size is more too my liking. i will try every class if the itinery is what i want and i can get a good price on the cruise, but the spirit class is my favorite overall.

!

I disagree. The Destiney class feels slightly crowded. The Conquest class takes the same design and plops an extra level of cabins without any extra public area to compensate- it feels crowded!

Both Fantasy class and Conquest have a pizza stand staffed by one person and a water slide. One ship carries 2200 people, another carries 3600- can you guess which ship has longer lines for pizza and water slide? And, mind you, this is just one comparison. In addition, area to passenger ratio is misleading as the Conquest ships have many "private function" rooms that most passengers will never see.

Okay, I'm going to be a naysayer here. I like Spirit-class ships well enough, having sailed both Legend and Miracle and having a cruise on Pride booked for next summer. However, I find them to be more crowded than Conquest-class ships. I've had more problems finding seating at the Lido restaurant on Spirit-class than on Conquest-class. I think the deck 3 forward space (Enchanted Forest on Legend, Gatsby's Garden on Miracle) is really wasted space -unless you're one of the teens who hung out there and harassed whoever else came through. The piano bar on Spirit-class ships is a nice space, but most pax never find it. For me, the main redeeming feature of the Spirit-class ships is the aft pool area. Love that space!

The flow. The short lines. The aft adult pool is, of course, wonderful. As for the piano bar being on deck 3, if anyone can't find it they really must be somewhat lame. We've been on Miracle twice and neither time has the piano bar been crowded. The main reason is that the guy stunk both times. We saw many pax come and go pretty quick when they figured that fact out. If he's good they will come. I happen to think that the Gastby's Garden etc is not wasted space. It's a quiet soothing area with plenty of quiet seats where I saw lots of people reading in peace. Not for us, but it was used quite a lot. It's all about the layout..... and the short lines too.

I have only sailed the Holiday, Splendor and Pride. Didn't see where there weren't any lines in the Lido on any of those three ships (Princess had same problem of crowding, just no set lines for the buffet items). In fact I thought the Pride had a more crowded feeling than the Splendor did. As well as the Splendor had plenty of space to sit, etc you just needed to know where to look. Totally preferred the layout and design of the Splendor over the Pride, but overall didn't really feel they were that much different.

I am actually looking forward to our cruise on the Dream despite the reviews as I have read more positivies than negatives. On a personal note each negative I have seen I would say could relate to any cruise ship so I don't really see it as a negative.

Archived