HAL Names Chris Martin, Port Operations

Krazy Kruizers

Holland America Line Names Chris Martin Director, Port Operations

Seattle, WA, November 20, 2009 – Holland America Line appoints Chris Martin as director, port operations, effective immediately. Martin will report to Bill Sharp, vice president, port operations and fleet security.

Martin will provide overall direction and coordination of an extensive network of port agents, third party vendors and port authorities to coordinate fleet port calls worldwide. He will also work directly with ship staff to ensure port of call requirements are clearly identified, planned and achieved.

“Chris has been a valuable employee of Holland America Line,” said Bill Sharp, vice president, port operations. “His expertise in port operations is an asset and we extend our full support in this new role.”

Since January 2004, Martin held the position of manager, port operations for Holland America Line. Prior to joining the company, Martin worked with Princess Tours as division manager and manager, port operations and services.

Martin graduated from the University of Puget Sound with a Bachelor of Arts degree in communication and the University of Portland with a Master of Science degree in management communication.

So--there are some potential questions about the new Mahogany Bay port in Roatan that I have. Mainly concerning private tours and the ability for tour operators to have access to the port (and also for independant taxis to have access). I have booked a private snorkel tour (one that is not offered by HAL) and apparently there may be issues faced by the small private tour operators at this new dock.

I have contacts for Carnival --would this be the HAL person to whom I would address my concerns?

As a side note, at this time HAL offers no info for this port which was supposed to open Nov 20--now is set to open Dec 1.

Archived