Question about Gifts & Gear bought before cruise

bluegirlum

I ordered some cupcakes to be delivered the night we leave on the Majesty. I received an e-mail confirming my purchase, but it's nowhere on my online registration. Should I be concerned? The e-mail didn't give any contact information, but since I've already been charged for it, I'd like to make sure I get them. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

We always order a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries for our stateroom. We also get an email confirmation but it never shows on the reservation. They have always been there when we get to the room, but I always take the confirmation 'just in case'. My advice is to take whatever paperwork shows you paid for something! :D

Enjoy your cruise and report back how the cupcakes are!!!!!

We always order a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries for our stateroom. We also get an email confirmation but it never shows on the reservation. They have always been there when we get to the room' date=' but I always take the confirmation 'just in case'. My advice is to take whatever paperwork shows you paid for something! :D

Enjoy your cruise and report back how the cupcakes are!!!!![/quote']

I definitely will bring the paperwork--I already have it printed and in my "cruise folder"! But thanks for letting me know that I shouldn't expect it to show up in my reservation. I feel better now. I will let you know how the cupcakes are. We'll see!

I ordered some cupcakes to be delivered the night we leave on the Majesty. I received an e-mail confirming my purchase, but it's nowhere on my online registration. Should I be concerned? The e-mail didn't give any contact information, but since I've already been charged for it, I'd like to make sure I get them. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I've ordered flowers delivered to the room to surprise my wife for sail away and never had a problem.

I'm honestly not trying to be smart but why would you pay for cupcakes (or any food) to be be delivered to your cabin when you are going a cruise where the food is free? You could pick up the phone and order cake from room service.

I've ordered flowers delivered to the room to surprise my wife for sail away and never had a problem.

I'm honestly not trying to be smart but why would you pay for cupcakes (or any food) to be be delivered to your cabin when you are going a cruise where the food is free? You could pick up the phone and order cake from room service.

They are red velvet cupcakes and my bf's favorite. I thought it would be a special treat, he doesn't like chocolate covered strawberries, and we got the cruise for super cheap, so I figured why not? It's a very good question, though, and totally understandable! They may not be worth it, but we'll see.

Thanks!

Same thing happened to me. I pre-ordered 2 separate items, and got the confirmation email, but it never showed up online. I too, worried about whether or not they would be delivered.

We just got back yesterday, and I'm happy to report that everything showed up in our cabin exactly as I had requested, and was beautifully presented.

They are red velvet cupcakes and my bf's favorite. I thought it would be a special treat, he doesn't like chocolate covered strawberries, and we got the cruise for super cheap, so I figured why not? It's a very good question, though, and totally understandable! They may not be worth it, but we'll see.

Thank you for not being offended by the question. (I'm with him -- why ruin good strawberries dipping them in chocolate and everything gets mussy!) I might have to rethink these flowers ~ there might be food items she enjoys but doesn't get on the ship. Thank you for the idea!

She has her reasons, I wouldn't order cupcakes either, but you should see the way some of the young people at work go crazy for red velvet cupcakes ;) I finally tried one and it was good, but merely a cupcake, I suppose some of us just aren't cake lovers.

But, my point of writing this is that one thing I see written here so frequently is that the food is free. Nothing on the ship is free, you have paid for it in your cruise fare. The food you get without paying extra for it is included.

Thank you for not being offended by the question. (I'm with him -- why ruin good strawberries dipping them in chocolate and everything gets mussy!) I might have to rethink these flowers ~ there might be food items she enjoys but doesn't get on the ship. Thank you for the idea!

Don't worry--it takes a lot to offend me!! :) I think flowers are really nice--if he liked flowers I would get them for him. :D And I know I'd love to get flowers too. ;) Obviously, you know her better than I do. I'm sure whatever you get will be great. However, don't blame me if they're not good!!! I don't want to be responsible for bad cupcakes! :eek:

She has her reasons, I wouldn't order cupcakes either, but you should see the way some of the young people at work go crazy for red velvet cupcakes ;) I finally tried one and it was good, but merely a cupcake, I suppose some of us just aren't cake lovers.

But, my point of writing this is that one thing I see written here so frequently is that the food is free. Nothing on the ship is free, you have paid for it in your cruise fare. The food you get without paying extra for it is included.

Sure, but free is so much easier to type than "at no extra charge." And everyone understands they are not getting onto the ship for "free."

Archived