Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

thecatcher

Is there transportation from Red Hook to Manhattan?

yes taxi's(meter plus toll plus tip- around $30-35 depending where you are going in Manhattan- less in the Wall Street area).

The public mass transit way(walk to bus and then subway) is very difficult and leaves a long 1/2 mile walk and is slow.

You can also use a car service for about the same price as a taxi. There are also pier contracted car services/limos lined up at the pier which will cost about twice as much as a taxi.

I personally use Arecibo 7187836465 which you call as you are getting off and they will be there in a short time. They don't do pre-reserved reservations well.

There is an IKEA store nearby that is served by two bus routes to nearby subway stations. Also served by water-taxis from Manhattan but only in the afternoons.

"nearby" is over a mile. The closest bus is right out the walk-in entrance about a third of a mile from the terminal(and then two more short blocks to the Bus-its the same bus that goes to Ikea). The water taxi also at this time of the year is only running weekends.

The First picture shows the QM2 at the terminal- the second shows the walk in entrance(its just past the yellow arrow sign- the white sign says B63 bus I believe)

the last picture looks down Van Brunt street towards fairway. At the last corner before fairway, you make the left and IKEA is a half mile further down that street....

IMG_2143.jpg.cabe14268dc2bf98037d889bd0a7e17f.jpg

IMG_2152.jpg.2671c6c2d9cfc0f8e45cd3902d2ad1c7.jpg

IMG_2162.jpg.9c33e256112bbd6ba1ef60bd44bae8ef.jpg

"nearby" is over a mile. The closest bus is right out the walk-in entrance about a third of a mile from the terminal(and then two more short blocks to the Bus-its the same bus that goes to Ikea). The water taxi also at this time of the year is only running weekends.

I think the bus routes being referred to by the prior poster are the two IKEA-sponsored bus routes, neither of which make intermediate stops near the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. In that regard the prior poster was being quite literal in his or her response to the original question regarding transportation from Red Hook in general, not transportation from the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal in particular.

The First picture shows the QM2 at the terminal- the second shows the walk in entrance(its just past the yellow arrow sign- the white sign says B63 bus I believe)

the last picture looks down Van Brunt street towards fairway. At the last corner before fairway, you make the left and IKEA is a half mile further down that street....

It is actually the B61 bus that best serves the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. New Yorkers familiar with the area and others comfortable understanding and using public transportation may find the B61 a reasonable option. But there's no hand-holding involved, and people not familiar with public transportation and all that it entails may not be well-served with its use.

FYI Ikea during most of the time has one bus making all its stops. Two city buses terminate at Ikea..

There have been times that Ikea has asked people for receipts from Ikea to use either the bus or the ferry- or to wait until there are empty seats for the non-shoppers.

• 4 months later...

i work in wall st and pier 11 is really close to me. would i be able to take the water taxi from pier 11 or any water taxi for the matter to get to the brooklyn cruise terminal? if not, i guess i will have to get someone to drop me off. thanks!

i did try to look at the ikea schedule, but the first departure is at 2pm and that's a bit late =(

i work in wall st and pier 11 is really close to me. would i be able to take the water taxi from pier 11 or any water taxi for the matter to get to the brooklyn cruise terminal? if not, i guess i will have to get someone to drop me off. thanks!

i did try to look at the ikea schedule, but the first departure is at 2pm and that's a bit late =(

No they don't stop at the Cruise terminal. They stop at either Fairway(at the end of Van Brunt Street the closest at about 3/4 of a mile), Ikea(about a mile and a half) or the Fulton Ferry(next to the River Cafe about 2 miles) in Brooklyn Heights. You can take the Ferry to Fulton Ferry and then have a local car service come get you to take you to the pier---or you can call the same car service that will pick you up by your office and take you to the pier for about $20. or take a cab for about the same amount.

The Fulton Ferry stop is a regular run. I am not sure of the schedule to Fairway either.

Archived