Help requested with New England cruise

Sun City Allan & Sharo

For our New England cruise next summer, we will be flying into New York, arriving by 6:30 am. Would love to do a Princess pre-cruise tour. Looked at the excursions offered for this New England cruise, and they have 4 or 5 New York tours offered, but they all say "In-Transit Only". What does that mean? They say "available on voyages D914-2 & 3933 only". What does that mean? Does "voyage" number mean the same thing as "itinerary" number? Because I could not find itinerary numbers that match those numbers, and I have no idea how to search voyage numbers.

My question is... can I reserve one of the New York excursions as a pre-cruise tour or not?

Thanks for any help.

For our New England cruise next summer, we will be flying into New York, arriving by 6:30 am. Would love to do a Princess pre-cruise tour. Looked at the excursions offered for this New England cruise, and they have 4 or 5 New York tours offered, but they all say "In-Transit Only". What does that mean? They say "available on voyages D914-2 & 3933 only". What does that mean? Does "voyage" number mean the same thing as "itinerary" number? Because I could not find itinerary numbers that match those numbers, and I have no idea how to search voyage numbers.

My question is... can I reserve one of the New York excursions as a pre-cruise tour or not?

Thanks for any help.

I would think that the voyage number is on your cruise personalizer--or call Princess and ask--each cruise is numbered.--Seems to me that in-transit is usually on turn-around day when you are b2b--could be they mean that if you have boarded the ship then get off for a tour before departure that you are in transit--but----you need your voyage number first. Good Luck

Nancy:D

In transit does refer to passengers in the middle of a back to back cruise. Have you thought of flying in the day before, and giving yourself a little more time to explore NYC ? The pier at Red Hook is in Brooklyn so not too convenient to Manhattan --- you would have a hard time going to the ship, checking in, then getting off to sightsee before sailing. NYC is well worth the extra time, and you'll get lots of info here re hotels, transportation, etc

"In-transit" means it is only available to those on back to back cruises. They won't be doing any pickups at the airport.

I also recommend going in a day or two early if possible. New York is easy enough to tour on your own. Some of the local people even speak English! :)

"In-transit" means it is only available to those on back to back cruises. They won't be doing any pickups at the airport.

I also recommend going in a day or two early if possible. New York is easy enough to tour on your own. Some of the local people even speak English! :)

Y'all have no idea:

We moved from N. Carolina to NYC when I was ten. I could barely understand a word. :o

We arrived at 6:30 am too. There are no Princess tours offered in NY before Embarkation.

We hired a car service who picked us up at JFK and took us on a tour for 2-3 hours then dropped us off at the pier. :)

Do you remember the car service and/or price? Did you suggest where you wanted to go, or leave it up to the driver? Did you get out at certain places while the driver waited? Sorry so many questions, but I'm really trying to figure out the best cost-to-value route to take. Thanks for your help!!! :D

Do you remember the car service and/or price? Did you suggest where you wanted to go, or leave it up to the driver? Did you get out at certain places while the driver waited? Sorry so many questions, but I'm really trying to figure out the best cost-to-value route to take. Thanks for your help!!! :D

We used Cadman at $40 per hour with a 2 hour minimum, plus an airport p/u fee of around $20. It was very reasonable for the 4 of us.

The driver took us to the usual places Empire State building/UN/Broadway etc. He would go anywhere we wanted.

We made photo stops along the way. It was a little chilly with drizzle so we did not stay out of the limo very long.

Cadman 1-866-308-5466.

Another is Arecibo 1-718-783-6465

We used Cadman at $40 per hour with a 2 hour minimum, plus an airport p/u fee of around $20. It was very reasonable for the 4 of us.

The driver took us to the usual places Empire State building/UN/Broadway etc. He would go anywhere we wanted.

We made photo stops along the way. It was a little chilly with drizzle so we did not stay out of the limo very long.

Cadman 1-866-308-5466.

Another is Arecibo 1-718-783-6465

Thank you so much. And one other question... did you have to tote your luggage, or did Princess collect it and take it to the ship? I guess if you had to claim it yourself, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Just put it in the trunk of the Town Car.

Thank you so much. And one other question... did you have to tote your luggage, or did Princess collect it and take it to the ship? I guess if you had to claim it yourself, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Just put it in the trunk of the Town Car.

We claimed our luggage as Princess won't take it unless you book a transfer.

It was tight but we put it in the trunk and a few carryons in between us.

I called them a couple of weeks in advance just to give them a heads up then about 3 days before with my flight info.

As we walked down to baggage claim I received a call from the dispatcher telling me to call them right back as soon as I grabbed the luggage and head outside. He gave me a Towncar # which will be on a placard in the windshield. Smooth as silk. We have used them to get to the pier a few times with no issues. If you pay cash then they won't charge tax. ;)

We claimed our luggage as Princess won't take it unless you book a transfer.

It was tight but we put it in the trunk and a few carryons in between us.

I called them a couple of weeks in advance just to give them a heads up then about 3 days before with my flight info.

As we walked down to baggage claim I received a call from the dispatcher telling me to call them right back as soon as I grabbed the luggage and head outside. He gave me a Towncar # which will be on a placard in the windshield. Smooth as silk. We have used them to get to the pier a few times with no issues. If you pay cash then they won't charge tax. ;)

Excellent information and I truly appreciate it. I think this is probably what we'll end up doing. We're traveling with a daughter and son-in-law, so of course we'll discuss it with them, but this sounds like the perfect plan. Thanks again!! :D

Archived