Tampa Hotels specials?

peabody99

I cannot seem to locate a current thread on Tampa hotel specials. The hampton Inn in Ybor city had a great night before the cruise special last year, but when we called this year the rate was not too impressive (> $50 more than last year). We are coming from the airport and do not need parking.

Anyone have any info? It would be great to have something near the port and/or with a shuttle. I think we paid around $119 last year which was about what I am looking for this year.

sorry I posted a redundant question-I was looking for info in the gulf coast thread and found nothing on tampa. Thats said, if anyone else is interested I found a holiday inn express for 89.00 ($100.59 inc tax) through Hotel.com.

Free shuttle from airport, buffet breakfast, but will have to take cab about 4 miles - to port. I am guessing it will be around $10-15 tops. hotel rates acceptably on trip advisor, etc. I think if you get to hung up on free shuttles to port, you can end up spending a lot more. plus you are paying to get from the airport if you are flying in.

sorry I posted a redundant question-I was looking for info in the gulf coast thread and found nothing on tampa. Thats said, if anyone else is interested I found a holiday inn express for 89.00 ($100.59 inc tax) through Hotel.com.

Free shuttle from airport, buffet breakfast, but will have to take cab about 4 miles - to port. I am guessing it will be around $10-15 tops. hotel rates acceptably on trip advisor, etc. I think if you get to hung up on free shuttles to port, you can end up spending a lot more. plus you are paying to get from the airport if you are flying in.

Nice hotels in downtown TPA for $60.00 or less on Priceline.

Shuttle from the Hyatt Regency to the port is $3.00pp.

Rich

How far is it from the airport to the cruise terminal? We have booked a 4 day Grandeur of the Seas in March and paid for RCL transportation. The record now says that there is no RCL transportation from the airport to the ship and back. Wonder what that is all about! Never sailed from the West coast of Florida before. Is it better to come into town a day early? I know with weather in March it pobably would be better to to just that to be sure we get there in time to take the cruise.

We need this cruise to make our Diamond + before our sailing on the Allure Dec 2010.

Take care...

Irene & Miles

How far is it from the airport to the cruise terminal? We have booked a 4 day Grandeur of the Seas in March and paid for RCL transportation. The record now says that there is no RCL transportation from the airport to the ship and back. Wonder what that is all about! Never sailed from the West coast of Florida before. Is it better to come into town a day early? I know with weather in March it pobably would be better to to just that to be sure we get there in time to take the cruise.

We need this cruise to make our Diamond + before our sailing on the Allure Dec 2010.

Take care...

Irene & Miles

The port is about 15 minutes from the airport in Tampa and taxi fare between the two is a fixed rate of $25 (per cab, not per person). I'm sure that's much more reasonable than whatever the cruise line wanted to charge you for transfers anyway. We always try and fly in ahead of time and avoid a tense start.

I just booked Hampton Suites, Rocky Point cruise special. $99.00 before tax and it includes shuttle service and parking for duration of cruise.

Not sure what price range you are looking for but this is a decent hotel and the price seemed good to me :p

Your Price Was Accepted

Congratulations, your price of $50 was accepted by Hyatt Regency Tampa. Your Priceline Hotel Request Number is XXX_XXX_XXX_12.

made this res today ;)

Excellent choice, that's a great hotel you will love it!!!

Even though we live just ~50 miles south of the cruise port we decided to go a day early and do Busch Gardens, so I went on Priceline and bid $50 on a 3.5* downtown hotel. Priceline rejected the bid but offered a one time deal of adding $14 to the bid and getting the hotel. I didn't go for the idea. Instead I picked another region where the highest rating offered was 3* and it was close enough to the terminal, in case they did have a 3.5* hotel in that region. Hoping this would not interfere with my upped bid for downtown I offered $57. Priceline accepted it and gave us the Westin Harbour Island Hotel, which is about 3/4 of a mile from the cruise terminal with gorgeous views of the bay, water and possibly the ships. $57 plus $15 taxes and fees. I believe the hotel will arrange a free shuttle for all the people going on the cruise. In worst case scenario, the taxi will be $5 each way(minimum charge). We were already prepared to pay the $9.50 a day parking at the nearby city parking garage. And we have yearly Florida residents BG passes, so we're all set.

We're happy.

In case you're wondering, the hotel site is selling the rooms starting @ $229 per night for the same night.

Even though we live just ~50 miles south of the cruise port we decided to go a day early and do Busch Gardens, so I went on Priceline and bid $50 on a 3.5* downtown hotel. Priceline rejected the bid but offered a one time deal of adding $14 to the bid and getting the hotel. I didn't go for the idea. Instead I picked another region where the highest rating offered was 3* and it was close enough to the terminal, in case they did have a 3.5* hotel in that region. Hoping this would not interfere with my upped bid for downtown I offered $57. Priceline accepted it and gave us the Westin Harbour Island Hotel, which is about 3/4 of a mile from the cruise terminal with gorgeous views of the bay, water and possibly the ships. $57 plus $15 taxes and fees. I believe the hotel will arrange a free shuttle for all the people going on the cruise. In worst case scenario, the taxi will be $5 each way(minimum charge). We were already prepared to pay the $9.50 a day parking at the nearby city parking garage. And we have yearly Florida residents BG passes, so we're all set.

We're happy.

In case you're wondering, the hotel site is selling the rooms starting @ $229 per night for the same night.

ohh my gosh you can't beat that!!!

i will be cruising from dec14-19, coming from north FL. i will be with my g/f's family, total of 12 people and was wondering what is the cheapest option. is it better to just drive down the day of the cruise and pay a parking garage fee, or to stay the night before in a hotel with free shuttle? thanks for any suggestions!

i will be cruising from dec14-19, coming from north FL. i will be with my g/f's family, total of 12 people and was wondering what is the cheapest option. is it better to just drive down the day of the cruise and pay a parking garage fee, or to stay the night before in a hotel with free shuttle? thanks for any suggestions!

The least expensive parking option we found is $9.50 per 24 hours in a city run garage.

Our hotel (about 1-2 blocks away) charges $15 per day for parking.

It's an easy decision.

Both are located just under a mile from the terminal.

We want to spend a day in Tampa day before the cruise, so I got the hotel through Priceline.com, but we will park in the city run parking garage and use the hotel's shuttle to the terminal next morning. We were ready to use the garage for our short cruise, even if we didn't go the day before. We live in Sarasota.

If anybody knows of a cheaper parking in the area please post.

Thank You!

Thanks for the info! The channelside parking is $14 a day, then walk to terminal 2 for us. I might just do that just because it's closer plus I will be driving and my g/f, her sister and her b/f will be riding with me, so we are going to split the cost in 4. our cruise is from monday till saturday morning, a 5 day cruise. Will we be charged from monday-friday or plus saturday? Thanks again. I'm still open to suggestions.

Thanks for the info! The channelside parking is $14 a day, then walk to terminal 2 for us. I might just do that just because it's closer plus I will be driving and my g/f, her sister and her b/f will be riding with me, so we are going to split the cost in 4. our cruise is from monday till saturday morning, a 5 day cruise. Will we be charged from monday-friday or plus saturday? Thanks again. I'm still open to suggestions.

There is another possibility. Drop off everybody at the terminal, then drive to the city run parking @$9.50 per day and take the street car @$2.50 one way back to the terminal. Or just walk back. It's about .7 miles from the terminal. Just a suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone stayed at the LaQuinta airport hotel near Tampa FL? How far is it from the Cruise ship port? Is there any stores nearby for shopping and resturants? I believe they have free shuttle from the airport.

Thanks for any help you can give. We have never been in Tampa before and want to come in early for our cruise.

Irene & Miles

• 3 weeks later...
Your Price Was Accepted

Congratulations, your price of $50 was accepted by Hyatt Regency Tampa. Your Priceline Hotel Request Number is XXX_XXX_XXX_12.

made this res today ;)

What star rating is the Hyatt? I'm new to priceline and hotwire.

TIA!

gina

Archived