Egypt and Jordan with International Expeditions

mdbabs

My husband and I are planning a trip to Egypt and Jordan in late 2010 or early 2011. We are considering Uniworld, Tauck, A&K, and International Expeditions. I'd love to get a review from someone who has taken this tour with IE. Was it well-organized? How were the tour guides? What did you think of the Oberoi Philae, the hotels, and traveling on the chartered plane?

Many thanks,

Barbara

I just did my Egypt and Jordan trip with AdventureWomen. They used A&K for their provider of services. It was amazing. We were on their Nile Adventurer, which you can only get when your operator uses A&K. If you book directly with A&K, You'll get one of their Sun Boats. We walked through the Sun Boat IV one day to get to shore. It was very luxurious. I don't believe you would be disappointed in the least if you end up choosing A&K.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I just returned (early November) from Egypt and Jordan. We went with International Expeditions on their Wings Over the Nile trip. I can't say enough good things about the trip. First, it was superbly organized. The staff took care of everything expertly and without any hassle for the guests. The Oberoi Philae was terrific--accommodations, staff, food all excellent. Very comfortable deck for hanging out and sailing on the Nile. The other hotels were first rate, too. My favorite was the Mena Oberoi near the Pyramids -- the main building is an old hunting lodge with gorgeous interiors. Large swimming pool and very nicely landscaped grounds. I loved the charter aircraft. It really made it easy to go between sites, again without hassle. Allowed us to spend more time sightseeing and less dealing with airport madness. Another thing that I thought added a lot to the trip was the fact that the Egyptologist (top notch, very knowledgeable) spoke at the sites through a microphone and guests used headsets. This meant that you could wander around and look at what you wanted to while still hearing the guide and without being crowed around a guide you could barely hear. Of course, the sites are unbelievable--far exceeded my expectations. Valley of the Kings, St. Catherines Monastery, Petra, Abu Simbel. Wow! Have a great time!

Archived