Did I Roll Over Too Easy?

pullbangdead

First, great forum here, I tried to read a lot before booking and this site helped a ton.

Now, I have a question. So I booked in July for the Western Caribbean 7 Day on the Jewel, the sailing over Christmas. After booking in July and making final payment in September, I noticed last night the price for our BA room had gone down $400 (plus tax) for our trip (just the wife and I).

I noticed last night after the call center was closed, so I got up today and called NCL to see if I could get some OBC, as I've seen others do this on here for the same circumstance. As luck would have it, the last BA rooms sold between last night and today, but the service rep did acknowledge the price has gone down, and offered to work with me on an upgrade. I told her I preferred some OBC instead, as I like our BA location and they offered just an AG GTY.

So for to make up for the $400 extra I paid by paying early, she offered $100 OBC, or to work something out for a minisuite upgrade.

So what say you CruiseCritic board, did I roll over too easy on the $100 offer? Or could I (Should I?) have gotten more?

Your own post contains the magic words as to why you should still feel good about your arrangement:

... I told her I preferred some OBC instead, as I like our BA location and they offered just an AG GTY.

Being early to book means you get to pick the digs that suit your fancy. Those that wait 'til the end (of book GTY's), must content themselves with the scraps under the table.

So, respectfully suggested, enjoy your cruise, think of that $400 as scrap-inducement for the other poor souls, and toast yourselves for the (unusual) OBC you scored.

Cool, sounds good. I'm happy then, and don't mean to sound like I'm complaining or anything. I had just read on here that people were able to get such things. I know they're under no obligation.

So all is well, and I'm happy they were nice enough to help out some.

Cool, sounds good. I'm happy then, ... So all is well, and I'm happy they were nice enough to help out some.

Cheers, mate!

In my sig line below, I have an Eek-face for having an upcoming cruise sacked out from underneath me. The rest of the story is that I got digs on a more expensive cruise for the same price, was given a hundred bucks of OBC, and scored one of the two best BA staterooms on the whole of The Pearl. Somehow, I think DW and I will be able to suffer through okay.

Cool, sounds good. I'm happy then, and don't mean to sound like I'm complaining or anything. I had just read on here that people were able to get such things. I know they're under no obligation.

So all is well, and I'm happy they were nice enough to help out some.

Good for you If your happy thats what counts the most. The extra obc is ice cream on the cake. Happy Cruising and Merry Christmas.:)

Past your final payment due date they have no obligation to make any adjustment. In most cases NCL will not offer anything more than an upgrade. If you got an OBC you got more than most.

I don't have first hand experience. But I've read the above time and again here. Yours is the first time I've heard (FWIW) of an OBC being offered.

I don't have first hand experience. But I've read the above time and again here. Yours is the first time I've heard (FWIW) of an OBC being offered.

OP.. I agree with Big Steve completely. I have heard of folks getting upgraded due to a price drop, but you are the first I have read about any OBC after final payment. You did good.

Archived