Laundry on Celebrity

camella

We took a 12 day cruise this summer on RCCL and they had no laundry facilities, which was kind of a pain in the neck for a family (there were 5 of us). We are currently booked on the 12 day Panama Canal cruise on Galaxy and was wondering if I will run into the same problem. Anyone know if there are any machines on there? It sure would be much easier to pack knowing I could do some laundry, especially for my daughter who tends to destroy her clothes when she goes to the fun factory!

Yeah, that's what we had to do on RCCL this summer but it was kind of a pain in the neck. It wasn't like you could put a bag out in the morning and get it back when you returned to ship that afternoon. It took two days to get it back or they charged you double. So you had to kind of plan what to wear, which isn't that big of a deal except for work out clothes, cause I only packed a couple and after an hour on the treadmill they are soaked! Oh well...guess I'll have to plan accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...

Camella,

Which 12 day Panama Canal cruise with Galaxy are you booked on? I'm going with my family on the March 21 one and am trying to find other families prior (mostly to see if there are any).:p

It's 50% more for quicker service. We used it extensively on the Galaxy, and the clothes were cleaner than when I packed them! I was very impressed with the service, even though we spent a fortune.

But, it took a lot of pressure off for packing. I also washed panties with Woolite in the bathroom sink, it was $1 to wash a pair! Could you do this with your workout clothes? Also, they charge adult prices for kids clothes (toddler sizes!)

Archived