online booking (Carnival web site) vs. talking with PVP

bgcruiser

Looking for input from anyone who has done both. What were the pros and cons? Do you get to enter dinning time request, ect. with online?

I've always used a PVP before, but its been 2 years since we cruised last and that cruise reservation PVP was the absolute worst. It was a real eh experience and I just didn't get that personal level of interest we had gotten with previous PVPs.

So I might try to do online booking if I read of positive experiences.

Thanks for any input. Oh btw, we want to book Splendor for May 2010.

Looking for input from anyone who has done both. What were the pros and cons? Do you get to enter dinning time request, ect. with online?

I've always used a PVP before, but its been 2 years since we cruised last and that cruise reservation PVP was the absolute worst. It was a real eh experience and I just didn't get that personal level of interest we had gotten with previous PVPs.

So I might try to do online booking if I read of positive experiences.

Thanks for any input. Oh btw, we want to book Splendor for May 2010.

I use their website until I find exactly what I want. I'll make the booking online right up to the point where the price is confirmed....then call and make the actual reservation with whoever answers. I don't have a "PVP" so to speak. Anyone who picks up the phone will book it.

If I have to call back for any reason, I'll speak with whoever answers the phone...and they are glad to do it. No loyalty to any one person....no need for it.

A good PVP can and will check for additional discounts or specials that are not listed on line. OP: If you are not happy with your current PVP if is very easy to get a new one. Just ask for a new one and you will get it. All PVPs are certainly not created equal. Good Luck.

Archived