Labadee Info needed fast.

I just found out our sailing might be stopping in Labadee. I thought we weren't going there so I searched Coca Cay to see what to do in case we stopped there.

I tried the search feature and it's not available.

Can anyone give me some ideas what to do at Labadee. I don't plan to stay on the ship. We want a nice beach area with drinks available and I also wanted to snorkel,I got my own equipment. I read about how to go to an uncrowded area on CocaCay any tips for Labadee?

Any suggestions at all is appreciated.

Any suggestions

Judy

RCCL Voyager 5/21-5/30/04

CCL Inspiration 4/4-4/11/04

NCL Sea 4/14-4/27/03

DCL Wonder 5/16-5/19/02

DCL Wonder 5/3-5/8/01

CCL Fantasy 2/15-2/18/01

Judy,

This is a small fenced off area, and is not known for its snorkeling. All the Bars are ownded by the ship. It is a beach day. someone just posted a map of Labadee and there is only one snorkeling area

ag00612_.gif

Gary

Explorer of the Seas 10/24/04

Dawn Princess 10/12/03

Voyager of the Seas 12/01/02

Adventurer of the Seas 4/21/02

Sea Breeze 06/98

Atlantis 06/70

Time to Set Sail

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;10;24;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400

The snorkeling on Labadee is nothing much. If you want a quieter beach walk further from the tender dock. I believe one of the beachs tends to be more quiet because it is too rocky for swimming so few people use it. There are always barmen walking around selling cold drinks.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

we snorkeled at labadee a couple of years ago before they offered wave runners or parasailing...the snorkeling was not good at all, it was very cloudy and i remember only seeing 1 or 2 fish...leave you snorkel on the ship

Voyager of the Seas out of NY

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;05;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

If you just want a beach to get some sun, and you don't mind it being a bit rocky, head to the far end of the island on the left when you get off the dock. THe beach there was fairly quiet. I have NEVER heard anything good about snorkeling on Labadee, however. Enjoy - it's a nice quiet day.

Talked to RCCL today they told me they are going back to Labedee that they got the go head. It will start this week-end.May22.

Hope this helps

Until we sail on the MARINER

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;05;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a nice place. Can't wait to visit.

Judy

RCCL Voyager 5/21-5/30/04

CCL Inspiration 4/4-4/11/04

NCL Sea 4/14-4/27/03

DCL Wonder 5/16-5/19/02

DCL Wonder 5/3-5/8/01

CCL Fantasy 2/15-2/18/01

When you get off the ship, you can only walk to the left. I call it a trail to walk on and explore(take photos), but I hear that the further you walk the beach areas get nicer. There is lunch( not as good as the lunch in the Main dining room!). Shopping in the marketplace is an adventure(horror I think). They have great peices to buy if you can stand it. Hair braiding----bring your own combs, clips and small rubber bands. I was more than happy w/giving them when we were done to the island girl. Get someone that looks like she knows what shes doing, This one girl really hurt my daughter and her hair was so knotty. Other than that have a relaxing time.

Just curious. What kind of things do the locals sell? Is it all local art. Also are the locals as pushy as in Jamaica?

Thanks Billy

DISNEY MAGIC 1999

DISNEY WONDER 2000

CARNIVAL VICTORY 2001

CARNIVAL VICTORY 2002

CARNIVAL LEGEND 2003

Hi Bill they sell crafts and junkits type things or i should say island junk....This will be my third time there.Nice beach day and very relaxing....P.s They have the kids camp there to.

VOYAGER OF THE SEAS OUT OF NJ countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;08;27;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

The market place is very pushy so beware. The first time we were there the tenders dropped you to the far right and we went to the beach to the left, it was nice and we were there early so we were at the water. The 2nd time they had rebuilt the docks and had moved them to the left, we still went just to the left and had a great spot on the beach. All we do here is sit and swim while relaxing.

3/98 Grandeur of the Seas

4/00 Grandeur of the Seas

2/02 Enchantment of the Seas

04/16/05 Navigator of the Seas

Unless they changed the dock, you can go to the right or left... the waverunners, parasailing, and children's water play area were to the right. Most people go to the left to enjoy the beach. Believe me, you won't be able to miss the market and walking through there is like running the gauntlet. Be prepared to say no over and over again. I hope they have re-opened Labadee, it was a highlight of my Explorer trip.

CRUISES: Queen of Bermuda '89 Tropicale '99, Explorer of the Seas '02, Radiance of the Seas '02, Vision of the Seas '03, Queen Elizabeth 2 '03, Infinity '03, Serenade of the Seas '03, Monarch of the Seas '03, Norwegian Star '03, Queen Mary 2 '04,

Diamond Princess, '04

Detailed ship pix: http://community.webshots.com/user/mattinla

The market is not only pushy, but you'll find that the prices are high. We bought the same sorts of things for less the next day in Jamaica ... and they were cheaper yet when he got to Cozumel.

Be sure and ride the banana boat ... it's an absolute blast!

Sovereign of the Seas (2/88)

Nordic Prince (2/92)

Sovereign of the Seas (2/93)

Voyager of the Seas (7/02)

Splendour of the Seas (4/04)

The market is very pushy and in a small area so you feel very crowded.

My brother bought a chess set for a gift for someone and when the person opened the gift the set was short 2 pieces.....check them out before you buy.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;10;2;19;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

First ever European adventure on Splendour of Seas

The Haitian locals could give Jamaicans a lesson on aggressive sales tactics! I think that is why RCI only goes to their "private area." It has been ages since I've been to Haiti and I LOVE it. The locals were very kind to me - even though I think I was hard to understand with my high-school French. I am only sad that the cruise ship visits aren't doing much for the Haitian economy. Until they can get an economy that gives the locals a chance at a decent standard of living, they will continue to have the horrid unrest born of desperation.

Work like a dog. Live like a pauper. Save all your money. Then Cruise!

My gif kitties have gone to cyber heaven so that dial up cruisers don't have a problem getting their posts read.

If you go to the marketplace don't pay full price, the price goes down as you start to walk away. Also bring small bills like $1's because they do not give change they give extra stuff instead.

The dock has moved once to where I believe it is now, where you can go left or right as you enter the beach.

3/98 Grandeur of the Seas

4/00 Grandeur of the Seas

2/02 Enchantment of the Seas

04/16/05 Navigator of the Seas

I thought the market was fun -- my husband HATED it -- said he would wait for me outside. If you like to bargain, you can get nice carved wood bowls and other souvenirs cheaply.

Archived