If You Could Book Entertainment on Your Next Cruise

prettybrowneyes

If you were allowed to book entertainment on your next cruise, who would that artist(s) or group(s) be?

I would book Hall and Oates and Whitney Houston.

At least 30 years ago, we went to see Shawn Phillips and Hall and Oates. We thought H & O was opening for Shawn. But, it was the opposite. We watched Shawn, and then watched about 5 mins. of H & O. They looked so silly in their flashy jump suits. Of course, a few years later, after they hit it big, we were kicking ourselves...lol!!

But, here's my wish list:

Piano Bar - Billy Joel

Disco - KC and The Sunshine Band

Aft Lounge - Jackson Browne

Ricki Lee Jones

Main Lounge - Tom Petty

Lynyrd Skynyrd (Before plane crash)

Aerosmith

Ronnie Milsap (Just to throw a little country in)

Comedians - Chris Rock and Ron White

Miss USA or Miss Universe contest hosted live on board. :cool:

So, it wasn't the contest, but we had the Miss America contestants on a RCL cruise we did. It was actually annoying because they kept causing hold ups everywhere they went. One old lady actually made a poor girl turn and take a picture with her while she was in line getting food at the buffet.

At least 30 years ago, we went to see Shawn Phillips and Hall and Oates. We thought H & O was opening for Shawn. But, it was the opposite. We watched Shawn, and then watched about 5 mins. of H & O. They looked so silly in their flashy jump suits. Of course, a few years later, after they hit it big, we were kicking ourselves...lol!!

But, here's my wish list:

Piano Bar - Billy Joel

Disco - KC and The Sunshine Band

Aft Lounge - Jackson Browne

Ricki Lee Jones

Main Lounge - Tom Petty

Lynyrd Skynyrd (Before plane crash)

Aerosmith

Ronnie Milsap (Just to throw a little country in)

Comedians - Chris Rock and Ron White

Shawn Phillips,thats a blast from the past.Not too many people know who he is.I love him.On my Ipod.Rickie Lee Jones as well..you have excellent taste

They can't afford to book Kenny Chesney or Reba MacEntire, but it's not out of the $$$ realm to book someone like Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert, JoDee Messina, Dierks Bentley, etc.

I have not seen "extreme country", but coming from a performing family, I cringe to see these shows when they are hokey. It's insulting.

There are a lot of great country music performers out there and I'd love to see them on cruise ships (not unlike state fair performances).

Archived