Chef missing from Coral Princess

CruznTom

just read about this on another thread. Very sad. I guess they are not sure if it was accidental, suicide, or homicide. The other thread said he just walked out of the kitchen one evening (was a Sabatini's chef) and didnt return although reports of someone seeing him early the next morning.

It made me think about my recent cruise on the Crown. There was such good service there and everyone was working hard to make passengers happy. That can definitely be difficult as there are so many different types of people to please.

I traveled with someone who loudly complained about her steak in Crown Grill She had a right to complain and ask for it to be redone as it wasn't cooked properly. I just remember the way in which it was done. So loud and so rude to the waiter who didn't even cook the steak. I was really embarrassed for the waiter. I think it is ok to complain when things aren't right as I do when needed but I think it is good to remember that these people making our cruise experience are working so very hard. 7 days a week, no real breaks and trying to please so many passengers. I am in a customer service oriented job and know the stress from trying to keep people happy but nothing close to what these folks must experience. I also know they are thankful for the employment that the cruise lines offer them but again, it has to be stressful.

I am hoping that the stress of this person's job didnt result in this tragic incident.

I agree that it must be stressful. Like most in public service they must smile and say "Yes Sir" even if they feel you are being unkind and hateful.

The world would be better if we all took as long to complain as we do to compliment.

Practice random acts of kindness and perhaps you will get the service and real heartfelt smiles that you do deserve.

Think of yourself or your kids at 23 or 24 years of age or younger and far away from home and doing a hard job -- be kind.

Archived