Need info...Carival Glory, Valor or NCL Jewel??

Gallivanter'sGal

We're trying to decide between the Valor, Glory or NCL Jewel...basically same ports and cost, but I've never sailed CCL and am concerned about late night noise (we're mid 50's and we usually turn in around midnight). Also, any comparison on the balcony cabins would also be helpful. We've cruised NCL several times but have not been on the Jewel.

Thanks!

We're going on the Jewel next week, so I will be able to tell more then.

However, we have been on Carnival a couple of times. Both on shorter cruises that are supposed to be the real party type. Never had any problems with noise at night. We are fairly early to bed as well, and it was never an issue.

We were on the Glory a few years ago and had a terrible time with teenagers running wild, especially on the last two days. I can handle quite a bit but it really did get out of hand. We were also not big fans of the layout of the ship. On the positive side the food was good and the shows were great. We just got off the Jewel a couple of weeks ago and loved her. It has two pools ( one adult ) were we spent a lot of time and had a blast. The food and shows were comparable to Carnival. The cruise Director ( Que ) was also excellent. There is an area at the stern of the ship called the " great outdoors " which was fantastic for morning coffee One last positive would be " freestyle cruising ", it's not for everyone but we sure love it. :)

Archived