Radiance of the Seas - 1/22/10 - 10 Days

Hal San Diego

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to Cruise Critic and to the January 22nd ROTS cruise to Mexico...looks like we have a few family members on board so that we can have a FOD get together early in the cruise. As far as my tip for first time cruisers, my very best one (since it's winter time and I see you guys are wearing heavy coats in your picture) is that if you are flying to San Diego from the midwest or the east coast, please please fly in the day before so that you don't miss the boat and have to make your own way to Cabo to board...over the years, I've known many people that have missed the boat by as little as fifteen minutes and had to wave bye bye from the dock and then make their own arrangements to catch up to the ship at their own expense, paying for expensive last minute air and hotels...it's just not worth the hassle!!! See you on board.

Hal & Neal:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Here’s hoping that everyone had a great holiday. We can’t wait for the New Year to roll around.

There are a lot of hits on the message thread. I hope that means that other family will be cursing as well. The more the merrier!

Apart from meeting others on the ship, we were wondering what kind of fun things to do when you’re in port? It would be nice to know what others have enjoyed.

Thanks for the info about getting to the port on time for departure. Actually, we’re local guys from LA and will be in San Diego for a couple of days before we leave. The photo we posted is deceiving; it was taken last December in Spain - it was freezing. Hope Mexico is warmer!

P.S. My husband tells me it’s not O.K. to wear matching outfits on board. Any advice?

Regards

William and Phillip

My partner and I almost always wear matching/similar clothes boarding. And on formal nights.

And we always take a picture of ourselves in the lifejackets.

We don't know what we're doing in each port: on our previous Mexican Riviera cruise we went zip-lining in Puerto Vallerta, Horseback riding in Mazatlan, and whale watching in Cabo. We'll definitely go whale watching in Cabo again (we'll find someone off the ship), but other than that, we're up in the air.

We're looking forward to this trip a lot!

541662867_rexstevelifeboat.jpg.483e0027d7400bd5715223d1f43e8008.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Would be nice to meet some other family members on the cruise. I will be traveling with my sister (literally) so I may need to take a break and let loose! We will be traveling from IOWA so let's hope for decent weather. Does RC host a "family" get together of sorts..thanks guys

Hi Everybody,

Neal & I are looking forward to meeting everybody on board...please look for the FOD (Friends of Dorothy) or GLBT meeting posted on the meeting board near the front desk so that we can socialize...the bad news is that our beautiful SAN DIEGO weather is leaving and several days of rain are being predicted including FRIDAY the 22nd...so please be advised and come prepared with your umbrellas, ponchos, water wings, etc. if you don't want to get soaked!!!!! See ya all on board.

HUGS,

HAL

Archived