Radios in Staterooms - Anybody Used One?

I just saw a list of in-room amenities and included was a "radio/stereo." Has anybody used it? Is it a normal radio (subject to whatever stations you can pick up), or are there onboard radio stations? Is there by any chance a CD player? I'm a music-holic who would love to have background music when I'm in my room.

Sailing on Enchantment July 7, 2004.

I think the radio was built in someplace near the vanity. We did listen to it when we were in the room but we never messed with the dial as we were content with what was playing. I couldn't tell you if it was standard, hit or miss reception, or if it was specific music piped in. We were on the Navigator ( inside) and same with Enchantment and neither had a CD player. I do know there were information sheets in the cabin about it but I never really looked at them.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;04;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
'Til my next cruise

I know in the GS you get a sound system which of course can serve as background music, other than than I don't think there is much to offer. I will tell you I did take my XM radio with me. I have the portable boom box. Tough to get anything in the room but on deck during the day it was great! Once we got about as far south as Belize, it stopped working.

Mark

Archived