Red sea magic new years eve departure

Hi,

We are going on the same New Year cruise, this will be our 2nd cruise on the Thomson Celebration, we spent 2 weeks on the Celebration cruising the med in July and had a fantastic holiday.

We are taking my daughter and her partner this time and really cant wait - counting down the days.

I have been looking at other reviews to see if anybody has written anything about previous New Year cruises to see what happens on New Years eve, i am guessing they will combine the sailaway party with the new years party.

What deck are you on? Where are you flying from?

Im sure you will really have a fantastic time, be great to hear back from you.

Linda

Hi Linda

Lovely to hear from you.

We are flying from cardiff - myself husband and daughter (only cabin available was on deck 1/2- hope its ok).

Can you give me some tips on dresswear ie what to wear on New Years Eve - also what about in the day when on trips etc - we were in Sharm in Aug and it was boiling!! can't get my head around wearing summer clothes at the moment - can't wait tho!!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Tracy

Hi Tracy,

Nice to hear from you.

I'm sure all the cabins on Celebration are lovely, we have always found Thomson standards very good and the room boys keep the cabins immaculate.

We were on deck 9 last time (this was a special treat as it was my 50th b'day!!), we are deck 8 this time but we did book about 9 months ago so had plenty of choice at that time.

I'm not sure what will be happening New Years Eve, my guess is that they will combine a New Years Eve Party with the usual sailaway party, whatever happens i'm sure we're all in for an excellent night (one of many). The entertainment is Fab on Celebration for all ages.

My daughter and i are taking a couple of nice dresses, 1 for New Years eve and 1 for the Captains Dinner (prob on day at sea - Sunday) but really there is no dress code, its very relaxed but a lot of people do like to dress for dinner especially the Captains dinner where the long ball gowns and dinner suits tend to come out.

My friend has just comeback from Egypt and it is about 25 degrees at the moment so should be lovely, i am taking a few pairs of shorts, some long cotton trousers for the trips and a lightweight jacket for the trips.

We found the ship quite hot last time but this was July in the Med so prob to be expected.

Might even get some sunbathing in!!!!

Not long to go now!!! My guess is you will love it so much you will come home and book again for next year!!

We are going on the new Thomson Dream in June so got that to look forward to as well.

Nice to speak hear from, sorry for the long e-mail, i could talk about it all day, we are all very excited as im sure you can tell.

Linda

Hi Tracy,

Nice to hear from you.

I'm sure all the cabins on Celebration are lovely, we have always found Thomson standards very good and the room boys keep the cabins immaculate.

We were on deck 9 last time (this was a special treat as it was my 50th b'day!!), we are deck 8 this time but we did book about 9 months ago so had plenty of choice at that time.

I'm not sure what will be happening New Years Eve, my guess is that they will combine a New Years Eve Party with the usual sailaway party, whatever happens i'm sure we're all in for an excellent night (one of many). The entertainment is Fab on Celebration for all ages.

My daughter and i are taking a couple of nice dresses, 1 for New Years eve and 1 for the Captains Dinner (prob on day at sea - Sunday) but really there is no dress code, its very relaxed but a lot of people do like to dress for dinner especially the Captains dinner where the long ball gowns and dinner suits tend to come out.

My friend has just comeback from Egypt and it is about 25 degrees at the moment so should be lovely, i am taking a few pairs of shorts, some long cotton trousers for the trips and a lightweight jacket for the trips.

We found the ship quite hot last time but this was July in the Med so prob to be expected.

Might even get some sunbathing in!!!!

Not long to go now!!! My guess is you will love it so much you will come home and book again for next year!!

We are going on the new Thomson Dream in June so got that to look forward to as well.

Nice to speak hear from, sorry for the long e-mail, i could talk about it all day, we are all very excited as im sure you can tell.

Linda

You are lucky - I imagine the atmosphere over New Year will be fab - even better than usual - and that won't be easy!!!

But just a suggestion - we were on the Celebration in October and the air-con was a bit fierce in the dining room and also the showlounge early on in the evening (although you might well be pleased about that given the outside temperatures!). I find a wrap/pashmina is very useful so you may wish to consider taking something to wear inside especially in the evening.

Enjoy your trip Linda and Tracy. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

is anyone going on the red sea magic cruise on 31/12/09?

We are really looking forward to it as its our first cruise.

Would be lovely to hear from anyone going on same trip.

Hi yes we sail new year's eve fly from manchester, have cruised before sure you will love it, I'm trying to find out what the format is and what dress code is expected for new years eve party or is it a sail away party as normal.

anyone with any information would be helpfull.

cheers

Hi

Nice to hear from you - yes it would be good to know what goes on on New Years Eve.

Our neighbours are actually on the same cruise now - so I'll get the gen when they arrive home 24/12/09 - I'm a little worried about the recent blog regarding vibration on the ship - have you been on the Celebration before?

is it really that bad as I'm a very light sleeper!

Anyway I'm sure it'll be fantastic - we are all looking forward to it.

Look forward to hearing from you

Tracy

Archived