Disembarkation Venice

jimb98

This is probably the reverse of the usual question. Our planned arrival is 9.00 am but our flight is not until 2.45 pm. Will they let us stay on the ship for a couple of hours or kick us off with everyone else? If so how long does it take for 2500 passengers to disembark, assuming we drag our heels and wait to be last off the ship?

Cheers,

Jim

No they won't let you remain onboard as they will be wanting the ship cleared of all passengers so that they can get it cleaned for the next group.

It usually takes about 90 minutes for them to get every group off = occasionally longer. They assign you a colour of luggage label and call them out in the order specified. The first groups are always those going on disembarkation excursions or with early flights. There is nothing however stopping you for waiting to go off with a later group, if you are not assigned the colour for the last group due to leave. On my last cruise, I'd arranged my transport for 10am (we were docking at 9am) and my colour got called at 9.10, so I just ignored it and left with another group at 9.50.

You have 2 advantages leaving last - 1 No problems spotting your luggage as they are the oonly ones left and 2. you don't have to endure the scrum for a taxi (the Italians won't q for one but just randomly dash out in to the road after the one they want)!

Forgot to say, if you are intending taking the water bus to the airport - it can often take aabout an hour to get there. Water taxi is a lot quicker but an awful lot more expensive too.

i agree that you don't want to be in Venice airport for hours more than you need to be. It's a bit hectic and not a lot to do or see to kill time. Also not a lot of seats before check in either

Just wondering if there is luggage area that can store your luggage until later of the day. Our flight leaves VCE at 6:30pm and of course we don't want to goto the airport that early, may want to walk around for a few hours but do not want to drag our luggage around. Any advise.

Thanks.

you can leave your luggage in the port. There is a specially fenced off area with an attendant. They charge per piece, I think it's about 3 or 4 euros per case. Very easy to use then you can get a water bus to St Marks Square for a wander round. Very easy.

Archived