Swim with dolphins - GC or Roatan

Sayra

Hubby and I are thinking about doing a 'swim with dolphins' excursion in either Grand Cayman or Roatan. GC is cheaper (especially if paired with the Stingray, which we are going to do anyway), but it sounds like Roatan has a nicer experience. Any thoughts, suggestions, or experiences?

Although I am very budget minded, I will pay for an experience if it is worth it. Thanks~

• 4 months later...

I agree with you about this being anomal cruelty . my daughter and i were thinking about doing this on a cruise a few years ago until i saw a show about it. it was very disturbing how these dolphins are taken from their real homes ,some as far away as asia and captured and made to perform. This is agood place to get the word out about these kinds of things that sound so exciting until we know how it's done. On this same cruise while we were eating dinner we looked out and saw many dolphins jumping up and swimming beside us . while we did not get to interact with them we felt alot better knowing they were there by choice and not held captive.

Hubby and I are thinking about doing a 'swim with dolphins' excursion in either Grand Cayman or Roatan. GC is cheaper (especially if paired with the Stingray, which we are going to do anyway), but it sounds like Roatan has a nicer experience. Any thoughts, suggestions, or experiences?

Although I am very budget minded, I will pay for an experience if it is worth it. Thanks~

Hey just noticed you are fromFort Wayne, we lived there for 8 years in Arlington Park. We miss fort wayne sometimes even though we are back in our hometown of Pittsburgh. We went back for afew years after we moved but alot of our friends relocated and our kids were all in college so we haven't been back for a while.

Archived