Artemis...January 2010

Rotterdam

I see that Artemis is being sold & would like to sail in her this winter...we live in NYC & flying to Barbados is easy enough - can someone gove me an idea about Artemis - we are 2 well travelled Americans - other than using pounds as currency when onboard - we think the cruise will be great.....

Has anyone sailed on her recently & what were your experiences.

Thank you From New Yok City

I'm sure there must be lot's of info here somewhere if you search, but we went on her in May & enjoyed the ship very much. We thought the cabins were small & old fashioned but with good sized bathrooms & storage, all outside, ours was "part obstructed" but was fine.Suites & balcony cabins are a lot more expensive. Very nice atmosphere aboard, strange wobble or vibration throughout the ship, but you get used to it. Entertainment & food is the same..literally the same, as on all P&O ships. Smaller ship so very easy to get around.

No - it certainly was not your input - we decided on a Panama Canal cruise on Azamara -my partner has not seen the canal( I did it on QE2). The Artemis sailing required Brazilian visas & my partner needed to renew his passport - so we thought we were cutting it too close.....

My parents sailed on Royal Pricess sevral years ago loved the ship - so that is my interest....at some point I hope to sail in her -

Thanks again for your thoughts...

Cheers from NYC!!!

I hope it's nothing I said that put you off??

Archived