Prytania Park Hotel review

Littrells

I promised a couple of weeks ago to do a review on Prytania Park Hotel on Prytania Street when I got back from our cruise.

Our hotel stay was great. We paid $69 for a one bedroom suite with a loft and balcony view and $12.95 for one night parking. We also left our car there in the hotel parking lot for free because it was in on the room and one night parking rate. We could have gotten the rate for $59 with a coupon from Travelers Hotel Guide but it is for walk- ins only, not reserved rooms.

There are a couple of very old buildings around it, which kind of worried me when we first drove up there. But we soon found that most of the buildings in NO are old. It is not in a bad part of NO like I had read in previous reviews. We were 1 block from St. Charles street and streetcars. The location was perfect for us. We were not at the pier, but we didn't have to pay big $$$ for our hotel stay because of that. We walked to the shops and to eat several times and had no problems. Plus free parking during the cruise.

Our room was very clean and beautiful. A very nice room. It had a small living room with microwave/ frig in another room. the bed was up in the loft which overlooked the living room. It was beautiful! The hotel staff were extremely polite and helpful. Only once during the night did I hear someone shut a hotel room door close to us, so it was fairly quiet there. Our car was parked, along with several others who were cruising, in the hotel parking lot. It was not a covered lot, but it was guarded. There were no problems with our car when we got back. I am very picky about my car, and I can honestly tell you that not even a scratch was on it; I checked it throughly for any problems. However, I would have checked it the same way even had we parked at the terminal's parking lot. Like I said, I am picky about my car. We paid $14 and took a cab to the terminal for our cruise. The terminal is a mess right now because of construction, so my advise is don't drive to it; take a cab.

We will stay at Prytania Park hotel next time in NO. It was a great place to stay, and we throughly enjoyed our stay there. :D

E-mail me if you have any questions slittre@uark.edu

I have been looking forward to your review. Glad you had a great time and that the Prytania is a good value!

Which of the neighborhood eateries did you check out? Any recommendations?

Anyway, thank you again for the review.

Cindy

There were several places to eat on St. Charles street. There was even a steak house of some sort. However, your going to laugh when you hear this but here goes. Because we had been saving money for our cruise, and we knew that we would eat really good on the cruise and it was already paid for, so we ate at Burger King for supper and breakfast the next day. Also, we don't necessarily like cajun food so we just ate somewhere that we know we would like. If we had had more time, I would have liked to took the street car to a nice restaurant, but we were so tired from the nearly 11 hours of driving that we walked to Burger King so we could quickly eat and get some rest. Nethertheless, we loved it.

Sorry I can't be of much help on restaurants.

The Littrells

Archived