Booking Excursions on board

roomiec

We'll be sailing on Wind Star Costa Rica Dec. 19th and was wondering if we can book our excursions once we board.

I understand that by doing so we may be shut-out of certain trips, but that would be our preference.

Has anyone done that?

Every time we sailed Windstar, we have been able to do that, but it has been awhile since we sailed it. As you note, some popular ones are gone by the time you get onboard. The Nicaragua tour has been highly touted by lots of posters here, and we want to do that on our Costa Rica trip that starts Jan. 9, but we have a $500 onboard credit, and we'd like to get that covered, since it is a pricey tour. But it may not be available, so we are in the same quandry as you. I expect someone will post more current info here soon......I'm jealous of your fast-coming sailing!

When we sailed on Wind Surf last January from Barbados, we booked 2 tours prior to sailing. We are sailing January 9th from Costa Rica and have booked the Corobici River trip in advance. This is something we really want to do and didn't want to get shut out. I have read on this board, some time ago, that the trip to Grenada takes 90 minutes on terrible roads with extreme poverty. We're skipping that one. We may do the Curu Wildlife Refuge but we'll take our chances on that one when we board.

Well, looks like we'll be on the same cruise! I have been trying to figure out the Corobici trip....is it on a boat or a raft or something else. It says "heavy activity" but then the description says "relaxing trip." Anyway, look forward to meeting you. If you want to email me: jm.walker05@gmail.com. I keep looking to see if a roll call gets set up, but maybe it's too early.

Archived