Refrig in Cabin

BcIcemen

There is a refrigerator, very small, but it is stocked with drinks, pop and alcohol. It is locked, and only opened if you ask your room steward to do so. These items are quite expensive, as in hotel mini fridges. Some people claim to have asked their room steward to have emptied the fridge so they use it to cool other items. But lately I am reading that the room stewards say this service is no longer available. My last cruise, I just left the mini fridge locked. That way, no temtation.! I did not miss it.:)

Last year on Carnival we had no fridge. I brought a soft cooler and the room steward kept it full of ice, in a large ziploc bag. Our friends brought a garbage bag, lined on of the garbage cans, placed it in the bathroom and the steward kept it full. All of our drinks stayed nice and cold. There's a fridge on our Pride cruise but I'm going with the soft cooler idea again, it worked great. Hope this helps

FYI - last year Carnival was not allowing passengers to carry coolers onto the ship, so we packed ours.

Ours was not locked.

We were able to fit a couple of glasses of OJ and 2 1 liter bottles, in addition to what was stocked in it.

I'm not sure if I remember exactly..but I THINK the soda was actually less expensive than ordering a can from the bar.......

I have a inside cabin on the Freedom Empress Deck mid ship. Does anyone know if there are refigs in the cabins?

From the Carnival FAQs:

Are there minibars in the staterooms?

spacer.gifAll staterooms will have a stocked minibar. The items will be replenished twice daily as the items are consumed and charged to the guest's Sail & Sign Account along with a 15% restocking charge. If the guest wishes to have the minibar permanently locked, they must contact the Information Desk. The minibar service will be locked on the night prior to debarkation. Offered on the following ships: Spirit, Pride, Legend, Conquest, Glory, Miracle, Valor and aboard the Triumph and Victory in category 11 and 12 suites.

The minibar will be stocked with premium liquor, wine, beer, soft drinks and a variety of sweet/salty snacks.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/In_Cabin_Minibars.aspx

If I remember correctly, the Fantasy Class ships only have minibars in the suites.

If you need to refrigerate meds you'll need to have that done by the folks at the Purser's Desk.

:)

Archived