New Jersey port from JFK????

brockmom

thank you...how far would JFK be???? I need to see where JetBlue flies into...and I think it is JFK......how terrible of an option would that be???

thank you

About an hour and a half with little traffic or about 150-200$ limo ride.

Newark's code is EWR is about 20 minutes to the port, their biggest carrier is Continental.

Bayonne Taxi and Shuttle runs to and from the airport for $45.00 plus tolls for a cab. They also make pickups from local airport hotels to the pier with their shuttles which cost $15.00pp.

Bayonne Taxi and Shuttle

We flew in and out of Newark and stayed at the Hilton Penn Station Hotel in NJ and took the Path train, joined to the Hotel, to and from NYC sight seeing. It was great. 20 min. ride each way. Our cab was about $30 to the pier.

We flew in and out of Newark and stayed at the Hilton Penn Station Hotel in NJ and took the Path train, joined to the Hotel, to and from NYC sight seeing. It was great. 20 min. ride each way. Our cab was about $30 to the pier.

Great info..Thanks!

Another thread was discussing this. If you come into Newark you can stay on the waterfront in Jersey City Newport area, have a view of Manhattan and be able to walk around outside of the hotel (not recommended in Newark; apologies to Mayor Corey Booker). Also only 5 minute ride on PATH train into NYC. Fare$ 1.75

Check these hotels out. If you Google Cape Liberte(sp) and go to their site you can get a listing of Jersey City Hotels in the Newport area.

Courtyard by Marriot and the Westin Newport were specifically mentioned.

I live in the Greater NY/NJ area and that is what I would do.

Of course you could always fly Jet Blue into JFK, taxi into Manhattan

and stay overnight there with your flight savings, and then out to the cruise port when you need to. So how adventurous are you?

Happy cruising.

Great info..Thanks!

We did not walk around outside our hotel, had heard it was not great. By the time we had walked the whole day in Manhattan we were happy to SIT!

The Hilton has an over head closed in walkway right into Penn Station. We bought a book of PATH tickets and it was simple.

Great coffee and bakery for the AM, in the Station!

We felt safe on the train and it was clean. Felt safe walking all over Manhattan too!!! Loved it and have to go back to see more!!!:)

We really enjoyed the Explorer, we had the best cruise. Another thing we want to repeat.:)

Having been to Jersey 3 times in the past year, I agree with most of the posters.

I would avoid JFK if you can. Newark generally can be pretty cheap and the "hassle" of getting out of the city may not be worth it.

Jersey City and Newark are questionable safety-wise, but don't feel like you are completely unsafe. The PATH train is AWESOME from Penn Station and a good ride into the city.

Having been to Jersey 3 times in the past year, I agree with most of the posters.

Jersey City and Newark are questionable safety-wise, but don't feel like you are completely unsafe. The PATH train is AWESOME from Penn Station and a good ride into the city.

Hope you're not talking about the hotels in the Newport area of Jersey City which are situated right on the Hudson River and only a 3-5 minute

PATH train ride into Manhattan as opposed to the 25 minute ride from Newark. Spectacular view and completely safe. I must disagree about your assessment, considering that I have lived in this area for 50 + years and traveled in and out of Manhattan for 25 years thru this area and you have but been here 3 times this year.

However, I am sure I will defer to your assessment of Colorado if I ever have to come West.

Archived