Need Van/Cab Rental for 10 ppl for 15 minute drive... suggestions?

WeLuvCruzn

I'd like to rent a cab/van that will fit 10 people for a 10-15 minute roundtrip on December 18th.

We'd like to pay ~$25 each way or $50 total roundtrip.

What do you suggest is the best way to accomplish this? Is there a cab company we can contact in advance? We'd like to leave the ship at ~10:20/30AM and return at ~4:30PM.

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated! :)

I think that you're expecting WAY too much to find a ride for net $2.50 per person each way.

Oyster Pond is in the same location as Dawn Beach, and the posted official taxi rate to Dawn is $6 per person, each way, even for a group of 14.

For your group they would expect $120 total, and you're offering $50? Good luck.

th_DSCN3857.jpg

(click)

gary

p.s. Even though it is less than 5 miles, making that trip in a 10 minute ride would probably prove quite exciting.

I think that you're expecting WAY too much to find a ride for net $2.50 per person each way.

Oyster Pond is in the same location as Dawn Beach, and the posted official taxi rate to Dawn is $6 per person, each way, even for a group of 14.

For your group they would expect $120 total, and you're offering $50? Good luck.

th_DSCN3857.jpg

(click)

gary

p.s. Even though it is less than 5 miles, making that trip in a 10 minute ride would probably prove quite exciting.

Hi Gary,

I appreciate your response, but wonder: How do you know where we are going in the van? I do not even have the address yet. :confused:

Very interesting. :eek:

Hi Gary,

I appreciate your response, but wonder: How do you know where we are going in the van? I do not even have the address yet. :confused:

The cheapest cab fare is from the pier to downtown Phillipsburg at $2.50 or so pp, one way. And that is a 5 minute or less ride.

Where are you intending to go?

The cheapest cab fare is from the pier to downtown Phillipsburg at $2.50 or so pp, one way. And that is a 5 minute or less ride.

Where are you intending to go?

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I have emailed the vendor and am awaiting a response with the exact address... I'm still not sure myself... he just said 10-15 minutes from the cruise pier. It seems to me that you could rent a cab/van by the hour for $25-$50, so it doesn't make sense that someone wouldn't take our $25 for a 10-15 minute drive.

I am organizing a tour for a group of CC'ers and when I switched ships, the tour price went up $10, but I had quoted the original price which was $10 less, so I am trying to find a way to make up the difference (for people who are on a tight budget... my group is still 2 short, actually).

If I didn't think this was a reasonable request, I wouldn't have posted. It seems to me that $50 for 1/2 of time is a pretty good deal for the driver. $120 for 1/2 hour of driving seems like gouging... but that's me.

Hi Gary,

You appear to be booking with Captain Alan. I know where he docks his boats, it's right across the road from the parking for Mr. Busby's at Oyster Pond.

Two ideas.

Can you try to book the transportation through them? That might present a discount from just walking up and asking for taxi fares at the Cruise Facility?

Would it be possible for them to meet and deliver your group to Great Bay, like at Dock Maarten? You might have to negotiate a shortened excursion to allow them time to transit back and forth, but a possibility?

gary

Archived