POA Aussie invasion November 14th-21st

shakaka

Marcus, thank you for the wonderful posts!!! Hubby and I will be sailing on the Carnival Spirit Sept 14, 2010 from Vancouver to Hawaii. Second time visit to Hawaii from other half, but you have opened my eyes for things to see and do and for opening my eyes as to how others see us. Thank you again for the wonderful reviews. Maybe hubby and I will run into you on a future cruise. All the best.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Shakaka - were there any issues with booking all the tours direct, as I keep hearing about the risks if you don't book through NCL. I find the prices from NCL quite hefty and feel I may follow suit. I am particularly keen on the mudbug and Helicoptor tours in Kauai

Hi Shakaka - were there any issues with booking all the tours direct, as I keep hearing about the risks if you don't book through NCL. I find the prices from NCL quite hefty and feel I may follow suit. I am particularly keen on the mudbug and Helicoptor tours in Kauai

No issues at all, obviously there is that slight risk that the cruise itinerary changes which will jeopardise your refund options, but I’m not sure how many times that has happened in the past. For our group of 5 the savings were significant, particularly if you do your research and find coupons in the “this week” magazines and other island magazines offered at all the ports.

We booked the captain zodiac tour the day before if my memory serves me correctly and there were plenty of places available. We were on the tour with people who booked through NCL, I think we saved about $100 combined

We all spent the remainder of the morning wandering around the main malls in the Waikiki area killing time before the midday pickup by Roberts Hawaii to the pier for the cruise (also part of the cruise package – it wasn’t a bad deal when you think about the inclusions, will definitely still use Hawaiian cruise outlet when we do this cruise again).

Did you get to pick what time your transfer to the cruise ship was with this package or was it pre-determined? We are doing the same package you did in May and I am hoping to spend the beginning of the day on the beach and not get to the ship until 2 or 3, but I am not sure if that is going to be an option with this package or not.

By the way, thanks for sharing the details of your Honolulu city tour included in this package. I had been debating about if we would do it or not because I was afraid it would take all day, but your review has helped me decide to go on the city tour.

LovetoTravel82, we didn't have a choice on what time we left to the port, a Roberts bus was waiting at the hotel to pick us up and by memory we got on board pretty early, roughly at about 12.30pm but we were buzzing about getting on the ship and spent time walking around the boat and having lunch. You don't have to get on the transfer, it isn't far to the ship you could get a cab that shouldn't cost too much and spend that time at the beach.

We spent about 6 days pre-cruise so we couldn't wait to get on the ship. I'm glad I was able to help - I have no doubt that you will enjoy your vacation and the package was well worth it.

LovetoTravel82, we didn't have a choice on what time we left to the port, a Roberts bus was waiting at the hotel to pick us up and by memory we got on board pretty early, roughly at about 12.30pm but we were buzzing about getting on the ship and spent time walking around the boat and having lunch. You don't have to get on the transfer, it isn't far to the ship you could get a cab that shouldn't cost too much and spend that time at the beach.

We spent about 6 days pre-cruise so we couldn't wait to get on the ship. I'm glad I was able to help - I have no doubt that you will enjoy your vacation and the package was well worth it.

Thank you very much for a very interesting and informative review. We are hoping to do the Hawaii cruise followed by a week in Waikiki in Dec 2010. Your review has helped us with a lot of questions that we had.

Maybe we will even see snippets of your "nearly wed" episode!!

Thank you very much for a very interesting and informative review. We are hoping to do the Hawaii cruise followed by a week in Waikiki in Dec 2010. Your review has helped us with a lot of questions that we had.

Maybe we will even see snippets of your "nearly wed" episode!!

I'm glad you enjoyed it lilly4350, make sure you enter you name in the game show. Despite the embarrassment it was one of the funniest parts of our cruise and we captured the show on camera so our friends got a kick out of it also.

Enjoy your vacation – wish we were there.

I'm glad you enjoyed it lilly4350, make sure you enter you name in the game show. Despite the embarrassment it was one of the funniest parts of our cruise and we captured the show on camera so our friends got a kick out of it also.

Enjoy your vacation – wish we were there.

No way I would enter our name in the game show. We have been on a few cruises and we know what happens!!!

No way I would enter our name in the game show. We have been on a few cruises and we know what happens!!!

How did you rate Star cruises, I went one one about 10 years ago and they were great back then, have they lowered their standard or was it an enjoyable cruise. Not many people on these posts have cruised Stae cruises before

How did you rate Star cruises, I went one one about 10 years ago and they were great back then, have they lowered their standard or was it an enjoyable cruise. Not many people on these posts have cruised Stae cruises before

We enjoyed Star - we were on Virgo. Let's just say it was an EXPERIENCE. We knew we were going to be on board with a lot of Asians and that the cruise was catering for the Asian market. There were 1650 Buddhists on board for the first 3 days holding a worldwide convention. It was very busy especially in the buffett but it was also interesting to talk to people and note the different countries they came from. On board purchases - drinks, etc - were very expensive. A coke was $7.70 once they added taxes, gratuities etc. Overall, I would rate it higher than P&O Australia but not quite up to Holland America standards (the only other line we have cruised so far). I would certainly consider cruising with them again in the future - but our aim is try all the different lines.

We enjoyed Star - we were on Virgo. Let's just say it was an EXPERIENCE. We knew we were going to be on board with a lot of Asians and that the cruise was catering for the Asian market. There were 1650 Buddhists on board for the first 3 days holding a worldwide convention. It was very busy especially in the buffett but it was also interesting to talk to people and note the different countries they came from. On board purchases - drinks, etc - were very expensive. A coke was $7.70 once they added taxes, gratuities etc. Overall, I would rate it higher than P&O Australia but not quite up to Holland America standards (the only other line we have cruised so far). I would certainly consider cruising with them again in the future - but our aim is try all the different lines.

I agree with your comments about it rating higher than P&O, I was more fortunate than you, I cruised the Gemini which was less than half capacity at the time I cruised which I loved, it seemed as though we were the only ones on the ship when dining and were treated very well. I really enjoyed the ports we visited Phuket, several places in Malaysia (especially Langkawi) and Singapore. I am going to follow your lead and try as many different lines as I can and Holland America sounds like a great line to start - we are keen on trying the Disney cruises too. Unfortunately I can't do any trips this year but hopefully 2011 will be kind to me. My wife now has the cruise bug after the Pride of America cruise so I don't have to twist her arm anymore.

I agree with your comments about it rating higher than P&O, I was more fortunate than you, I cruised the Gemini which was less than half capacity at the time I cruised which I loved, it seemed as though we were the only ones on the ship when dining and were treated very well. I really enjoyed the ports we visited Phuket, several places in Malaysia (especially Langkawi) and Singapore. I am going to follow your lead and try as many different lines as I can and Holland America sounds like a great line to start - we are keen on trying the Disney cruises too. Unfortunately I can't do any trips this year but hopefully 2011 will be kind to me. My wife now has the cruise bug after the Pride of America cruise so I don't have to twist her arm anymore.

We had no complaints about Holland America and we really enjoyed the Alaskian cruise. Well worth it and the scenery is fantastic.

It's not hard to catch the cruise bug and I am glad to see your wife has caught it. We have friends who are currently on Rhapsody (around NZ) on their first cruise so we are hoping they catch the bug too

We had no complaints about Holland America and we really enjoyed the Alaskian cruise. Well worth it and the scenery is fantastic.

It's not hard to catch the cruise bug and I am glad to see your wife has caught it. We have friends who are currently on Rhapsody (around NZ) on their first cruise so we are hoping they catch the bug too

I will be interested in hearing how they rated that cruise, I am very keen on doing that exact cruise. My wife wants to cruise Alaska so we might be planning that next, but I've set my hopes on a cruise I saw from LA to Syd with stops at Tahiti, Samoa, NZ and other Pacific Islands. It is not cheap but I think it would be well worth it if we can raise the money. It would be nice not to have to worry about excess baggage when we return from LA, particularly wife our shopping habits when on holidays

I will be interested in hearing how they rated that cruise, I am very keen on doing that exact cruise. My wife wants to cruise Alaska so we might be planning that next, but I've set my hopes on a cruise I saw from LA to Syd with stops at Tahiti, Samoa, NZ and other Pacific Islands. It is not cheap but I think it would be well worth it if we can raise the money. It would be nice not to have to worry about excess baggage when we return from LA, particularly wife our shopping habits when on holidays

Our friends are back and they loved the Rhapsody cruise around NZ. Their only complaint was that they felt 14 days was a bit long. Well, it was their first cruise and they only got back yesterday!!!

Our friends are back and they loved the Rhapsody cruise around NZ. Their only complaint was that they felt 14 days was a bit long. Well, it was their first cruise and they only got back yesterday!!!

That's good to hear that they enjoyed their first cruise. I don't mind a long cruise, You would need 14 days to get all of NZ in

I am enjoying your adventures so much. I to keep a log as I never remember everything I have done in a day and it is fun to re-read in years to come. Thanks for sharing, my trip is not until April 2011, but you have given some great ideas.

I am enjoying your adventures so much. I to keep a log as I never remember everything I have done in a day and it is fun to re-read in years to come. Thanks for sharing, my trip is not until April 2011, but you have given some great ideas.

I'm glad you enjoyed it Bronxite, If you have any questions or would like some ideas for your trip don't hesitate to ask - I'll see if I can help. I'm sure you'll have a great time. We are currently planning a cruise for about the same time but most likely something departing LA - I can't wait to go to LA and Miami

• 5 months later...

Hi! I see that you visited Hawaii in November of last year. We will be going that same week in November of this year. Did you find that it was too chilly to swim in November? I'm trying to plan my excursions. Thanks!

Archived