Great For Teens on Pearl

flbeachmom

Just got off the Pearl and they had a band onboard for the next 5 weeks that is just for the teens. This was the first cruiseline I have been on that has this. They are trying it out during the holidays. The bands name is The Gills. I know my teens loved it and did alot of dancing!! They band is a group of guys from age 21 - 26. I think a few young girls may be in love now! LOL Me and Hubby listened to them a few times also while they are a little loud for me the group had some songs from-- ones they wrote to Beatles/ Elvis and other hit songs. We talked to the lead singer and found out he got started in music while he had cancer at 15 and was in the hospital for many months. Thru Make a Wish Foundation he got a guitar and a Beatles song book and taught himself how to play. They were a bunch a very nice boys and showed nice manners when we saw them around the ship. So if you are on the Pearl this holiday season know your teens should be entertained by the band.

This was a very nice move on NCL's part. I think they were on Thanksgiving week and this week and then coming back for 3 weeks over Christmas. Count my daughter as one of them who had a crush on the drummer and keyboard player. She is dissapointed because they told her they were playing in Nashville on December 11th...only problem it is in a club with a minimum age of 21. She now thinks I should go see them and tell them she said hello. LOL

This was a very nice move on NCL's part. I think they were on Thanksgiving week and this week and then coming back for 3 weeks over Christmas. Count my daughter as one of them who had a crush on the drummer and keyboard player. She is dissapointed because they told her they were playing in Nashville on December 11th...only problem it is in a club with a minimum age of 21. She now thinks I should go see them and tell them she said hello. LOL

And I thought she had a crush on Bobby! :)

It was great that they had the band for the teens, I just wish that they could have "herded" all of the teens out to the pool deck instead of on the stair wells the night they played outdoors. Rick stepped on a girls foot (accidentally) because they didn't move out of the way. Fortunately she was ok. After it happened she said, "hey guys, maybe we should go somewhere else!" LOL! I have to admit, for all of the kids on board, they really seemed well behaved even when traveling in mobs. It was the groups of 10 year old boys that were driving me crazy!

And I thought she had a crush on Bobby! :)

It was great that they had the band for the teens, I just wish that they could have "herded" all of the teens out to the pool deck instead of on the stair wells the night they played outdoors. Rick stepped on a girls foot (accidentally) because they didn't move out of the way. Fortunately she was ok. After it happened she said, "hey guys, maybe we should go somewhere else!" LOL! I have to admit, for all of the kids on board, they really seemed well behaved even when traveling in mobs. It was the groups of 10 year old boys that were driving me crazy!

She did, but it was my wife who had the big crush on Bobby! ;) She thought he was just the nicest young man! Like I said, you have to be very proud of him.

BTW, I hope it wasn't my 10 year old boy driving you crazy. LOL

Holy snipes! Suzanne is a cougar!!! And all along I thought she was a 'fox' ;)

LOL, Suzanne saw what I posted....my arm is still stinging.:eek:

For my health, I'm going to retract my previous statement. Suzanne did not have a crush on Deb's 21 year old son...but she was very impressed with him. :)

No your son was not in the pack of 10 year olds running wild down the hallways banging on doors after midnight, or running through the buffet, or in the lounges etc.

Bobby is a good kid. Thanks to Suzanne for noticing. Bobby met a lot of people on this cruise (people = females for him) and had a great time. Took a few days, but then found some dance partners at Bliss and Spinnaker.

Stephen and Alyssa had a great time at the beaches but were bored on sea days. They liked the shows and clubs on board most nights.

Rick and I just took it easy. Slept in, went to the beach or hit the gym/sports deck (Rick) or thermal suite in the spa (me) on sea days, when were weren't lounging out on deck reading a book.

Archived