RCCL ships Bridge Cams? Cell service?

lescas

We are leaving sunday on IOS, I have been looking for ship bridge cams? Does anyone know if they have cell phone coverage for Verizon? I see it says cell, but what carrier, if out to sea would it roaming charges? thanks

I don't think you'll find cams being broadcast on RC ships.

Cell phone use is available. You should contact your cell phone provider about activating "International Roaming" which should be a free service. They can check to see if your phone will work on the different technology & frequencies that are used on the islands you stop at. Most providers you only use your minutes when in the US Virgin Islands and pay about $2.99 per minute in other areas. RC ships should all have towers to provide cell phone use. Keep your phone turned off when not using it. If you try using the phone when off the ship you may still connect with the ship tower and pay the higher $2.99 per minute fee. Your cell phone screen should give you some idea when turned on about the type of roaming being done. It should have a different message when onboard from the message you see on an island. I can't remember what it says exactly, but just expect to pay the higher amount. It is a little costly, but a few minutes calling someone when your at sea is kinda fun and not much more expensive then downing the drinks sold onboard. Just alot some money for a few calls if you can.

I've used my cell on Princess and Celebrity, and am assuming RCCL is the same. It requires a GSM phone (mine is AT&T). To get the best rates, turn on international roaming - AT&T charges $5.99 per month, so I only enable it for a cruise. They only turn the ship's cell service on when not in port, and it was $2 per minute. I know AT&T has a web page where they mention which cruise lines have service and how much it is there and in most countries. When you use the ship's service, you don't need to add a country code like you would if you used the island's service, just dial your normal area code and number.

Archived