A Week To Go And DW is Down With Dreaded Lurgi

Cymro1953

We are off next Friday and DW has been having cold type symptoms with sore throat for a few days. Anyway she was sent home from work this a.m. with a large swelling on the joint of her jaw just in front of the ear. Can hardly open her mouth without pain.

Luckily we got her a G.P. appointment and he's diagnosed Parrotitis andput her on alarge dose of antibiotics. Can't do anything obviously for the cold virus.

Typical, she's been fine all year.

Thanks, we're just hoping she's fine and they don't think she's got Swine Flu if she's still got symptoms.

Typical, fine all year and she gets ill now.

If things come to the worst and she's too ill. I'll have to put an ad in the Personals :- "Attracive lady 35 to 55 N.S. GSOH....." :D:eek:

No, she's not that bad.

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn, sorry to hear about your wife.

I'm sure the antibiotics will kick in by Monday and she will be recovered by the time you set off.:)

(In case she isn't here's a young (ish!) lady willing to go with you ... *very big grin*).

For everyone else who's worried because they heard bad reports about the trip - don't be! You'll have a fab time!

Betty :)

Hi Betty,

Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know if she's too ill to go :D.

I'm sure she'll be better tho' when the antibiotics properly get into her system.

She must have looked rough though as getting them off our GP is like getting blood out of a stone. (Not that we believe in taking them unecessarily.)

Never been on holiday this time of year though and it's hard to imagine we'll be off in less than a week, especially with wrapping presents and doing cards as well as holiday preparations.

Berwyn

Oh dear, i hope those antibiotics kick in soon.

Thanks,

I think they will. They always seem to take about 3 days to get into the system and get going.

At least he gave her the stronger dose of them. Normally they give you the 250mg capsules. But she's had the 500mg.

Oh!, while you've been away crinkle we've been naughty. We were booked on Destiny next Sept for our 30th wedding anniversary cruise. Anyway thinking about it and looking at the ship size. (We saw her in port in Rome in June docked next to our Royal Caribbean ship and she looked so small.).

We have cancelled that one and are doing 2 weeks on Princess Cruises Grand Princess sailing from Southampton in a balcony cabin with queen size bed instead of twin outside on Destiny. Doing same Med Ports but not going to Morocco. Free coach transport to Southampton included for £200 less.

So as not to lose our Thomson's deposit we booked a week on 27th April on Thomson Dream.

Berwyn

Thanks,

I think they will. They always seem to take about 3 days to get into the system and get going.

At least he gave her the stronger dose of them. Normally they give you the 250mg capsules. But she's had the 500mg.

Oh!, while you've been away crinkle we've been naughty. We were booked on Destiny next Sept for our 30th wedding anniversary cruise. Anyway thinking about it and looking at the ship size. (We saw her in port in Rome in June docked next to our Royal Caribbean ship and she looked so small.).

We have cancelled that one and are doing 2 weeks on Princess Cruises Grand Princess sailing from Southampton in a balcony cabin with queen size bed instead of twin outside on Destiny. Doing same Med Ports but not going to Morocco. Free coach transport to Southampton included for £200 less.

So as not to lose our Thomson's deposit we booked a week on 27th April on Thomson Dream.

Berwyn

Oh wow you little tinkers. You've certain got the cruise bug. We are now looking for a cheap hotel or villa hol in canaries for a week for end of jan next yr. Maybe a cruise later in yr.

How is DW today Berwyn :confused: hope she is getting better by the day , bet you can,t believe it,s your turn now :)

mrs.c

She's a bit better thanks Mrs.C.,

She'll be fine by Friday.

Can't believe it's nearly time to go. It's surreal, getting all the stuff ready to holiday and packing Christmas presents for when we get back and writing cards.

Berwyn

Thats good to hear ,, we had our xmas day yesterday :eek: with the family and it was great santa was there as well :D so want it to be my turn now

mrs.c

I bet that was great though. And on Christmas day proper you can sit down and enjoy the food without all the preparation and cooking and then worrying about the washing up after. Let someone else do it for a change.

not long now for you though, as soon as we're off on Friday it'll be Final Countdown for you :eek::D

Berwyn

Oh yes, I'm sure we will. Away from work and the cold winter weather will be lovely.

We had a busy cruise in June with lots of big Sightseeing. Pyramids, Athens, Ephesus and Delos on Mykonos.

So we can use this one to chill out and relax.

Only thing I'm worried about is eldest son and all that free Stella.

Berwyn

Well Berwyn are you all packed and ready to go ;) hope wifie is a lot better she soon will be with all that sunshine :cool: have a fantastic cruise and I will hear all about it when we get back :D

mrs.c

Hi Mrs.C. Still packing and trying to get boys sorted. Mrs. is stiill rough and last night told me to go without her with the boys.

But we've got her resting so she's OK.

Berwyn

Archived