Dream - Partial Blackout Onboard this afternoon!

Tom-n-Cheryl

Thanks Tom! We actually spend a great deal of time on the balcony and host a party or two. Sounds like we will be fine. Look forward to your full review! It is very kind of you to come on here and update us all...enjoy your cruise!

I take it you would not repeat this cabin again on the Dream? We checked them out last month when she was in New York and moved our room for our cruise in August from 8 down to 6, just to make the room more tolerable. We were on the fence long and hard about keeping (the aft wrap) or moving to a cat 11. I assume you feel likewise?

No, we would not stay in an aft wrap on deck 7 again. As nice as the full walk-around deck 5 (Promenade) is, it does distract for those wanting to look out upon the water at night -- because it stays LIT to some extent. Not a deal breaker, we are certainly not going to cancel our other Dream sailings because of that!

Tom I haven't read this whole thread but what is your overall impression of the ship?

Very nice. The overall look/feel is impressive, you have to experience it.

BTW -- the Porterhouse in Chef's Art this evening was very nice, as was Cheryl's Maine Lobster (which I helped her with) :D! The Ahi Tuna Tartare starter was VERY good. I would not try the Grilled Portabello Mushroom starter again though - too bland!

Tom

OMG, this is NOT what I needed to hear !!

I have 6 family members booked on the DREAM 12-12-09 cruise, it was quite a fight to get them to agree to try Carnival as they just "LOVE" HAL ships.

I am not a drinking man but that may change on this cruise.

BTW -- the Porterhouse in Chef's Art this evening was very nice, as was Cheryl's Maine Lobster (which I helped her with) :D! The Ahi Tuna Tartare starter was VERY good. I would not try the Grilled Portabello Mushroom starter again though - too bland!

Tom

Tom thanks for all your reviews it helps with all the bad ones out there. I'm trying to schedule Chef's Art, Any idea what night they are serving lobster in the MDR? I think we have the same schedule as you.

Carolyn

Tom thanks for all your reviews it helps with all the bad ones out there. I'm trying to schedule Chef's Art, Any idea what night they are serving lobster in the MDR? I think we have the same schedule as you.

Carolyn

The schedule we are on is a "one time only" deal (9 nights). Following this they will be doing alternating (E/W) 7 night sailings.

Typically the first "Cruise Elegant" evening is the first sea day. If yours is the eastern sailing, my guess is that they will pick the Nassau evening, as it leaves early (2 PM) - leaving plenty of time for photo ops and such, while at the same time having a sea day the following day (so people can stay up late the prior night). That, at least, is my guess!

Tom

OMG, this is NOT what I needed to hear !!

I have 6 family members booked on the DREAM 12-12-09 cruise, it was quite a fight to get them to agree to try Carnival as they just "LOVE" HAL ships.

I am not a drinking man but that may change on this cruise.

So don't tell them about it. Unless they read Carnival threads, they'll never know. The crew certainly isn't going to go around yakking it up. I doubt other passengers on your cruise will be taking about it enough to create any ground swell of rumor if talking about it at all.

The schedule we are on is a "one time only" deal (9 nights). Following this they will be doing alternating (E/W) 7 night sailings.

Typically the first "Cruise Elegant" evening is the first sea day. If yours is the eastern sailing, my guess is that they will pick the Nassau evening, as it leaves early (2 PM) - leaving plenty of time for photo ops and such, while at the same time having a sea day the following day (so people can stay up late the prior night). That, at least, is my guess!

Tom

Looking forward to seeing lots of pics of the room we have the same room for our cruise in April. Does the room have a couch in it???

Looking forward to seeing lots of pics of the room we have the same room for our cruise in April. Does the room have a couch in it???

No, thank goodness - then we would have no floor space left! :eek:

I will have plenty of room pictures.

Tom

Guest bahamamama1
Humph...well I NEVER!!! All I am is concerned about loved ones and a few people have to turn into instant feeling-hurters! Double-humph!!!

I never said I expected the OP to fly out to the ship for names. Just hoping other readers might have more information.

For what its worth...none of you know about my loved one's medical conditions and what could happen by being confined to a small area for long (note "long"' date=' not the normally short elevator ride) periods of time.

To the OP: Thank you for this information. I appreciate your time in sharing this.[/quote']

Please don't let it bother you, I understand where you are coming from, you were just asking a question.

I think it is very funny how people are quick to criticize a ship, especially a new one. Or to NOT go on one based on things going wrong now. Well, you know what, it can happen anywhere, anytime, any vacation. In a car, train, bus or plane. In a hotel, apt or on the street. "Stuff happens" and if you are willing to cancel a GREAT vacation such as a cruise because of "things" happening prior to, well, then you shouldn't book any vacation. Very sad..SMH (shaking my head) I just got off of the Dream on 1 December 2009 and although there were a few "very minor" things that need to be adjusted, it was by far the BEST cruise I have ever gone on. So, IMO, don't miss out on a great opportunity to be on a GREAT SHIP! :)

No, thank goodness - then we would have no floor space left! :eek:

I will have plenty of room pictures.

Tom

I just checked out some of your cruise pics ..from the link in your sig.

I have previously seen some video of the Owners suite on the Fantasy. (did it no justice at all)

But your (owners suite)pics from the Sensation, are awesome.

I just told my wife that it is a goal of mine to get that suite someday.:)

Thanks

I just checked out some of your cruise pics ..from the link in your sig.

I have previously seen some video of the Owners suite on the Fantasy. (did it no justice at all)

But your (owners suite)pics from the Sensation, are awesome.

I just told my wife that it is a goal of mine to get that suite someday.:)

Thanks

Yes, that is quite the cabin!

I must say - if they only had that cabin on this ship, it would make a great second home! (Though a second home would be much less expensive)! :eek:

Tom

Archived