Jester Sail or Winifred?

e-cruiser

We sailed Jester this summer. It was an enjoyable excursion but very laid back. The captain BBQ'd a nice lunch right on the boat. He provided floats, snorkle gear etc. The boat is safe, modern and you can change your clothes in the bathroom if you want. It does take about 1 1/2 hours each way to get to/from St. John. Don't expect to be "entertained" although the captain is very nice and will answer any questions and is very accomodating. Let me know if you have further questions.

I would say the "Winifred" bar none!! We had the best time ever on that sailboat with the 2 nicest people that you ever would want to meet. They even talked my wife who does NOT SWIM and does not go in the water past her chest in a pool to get in and float around....UNBELEIVABLE!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree the Jester was very laid back. The captain hardly talked but the nice part was we had the boat all to ourselves. There was 3 of us and we rented it for 1/2 day. Captain provided snacks and the boat was very comfortable. We snorkled and hung out at St. John for about an hour and a half. It was a wonderful day.

The Winifred with Capt Sharon and first mate, Tommy, is wonderful. The best day of any I have spent cruising. Very laid back and relaxing. Sharon and Tommy were informative and terrific.

There were only 4 of us on the boat 2/8. I had never snorkled and am terrified of water over my head. Tommy and Sharon gave me great snorkling instructions and helped me into the water and past my fear. It was terrific being in the water.

We are planning to return to St Thomas with are daughters, and plan to spend another day with Sharon and Tommy

I can make it more confusing we used both Sharon and Ron Alaunt alaunt53@hotmail.com( have to e-mail for website, I forget it), we had 8 people. All eight of us thought we each had the best boat. It was a lovely day. Tommy took us all snorkeling, which was great. Ron's meal was really good, loved his Plantains Flambe. Tommy's more entertaining, but I was personally on Ron's boat and enjoyed relaxing and feeling like the 4 of us were on our private boat. Ron and Carol are very freindly but let you enjoy and their boat is bigger then Sharon's. But those on Sharon's boat ejoyed too.

Archived