L Shaped 8A or 9C Wrap on the Triumph

SAC69

This is probably an easy decision but I thought I would throw it out for some opinions. I currently have a L shaped 8A with the extended balcony (6424) reserved on the Triumph for next March. I have heard that these L shaped cabins are a good value for the money because of the extended balcony. My only concern is that the cabin is right above Club Rio and there might be noise until it closes. There are three 9C wraps open at the moment for a premium of $550 total for the two of us. One on veranda deck (8428) and two on upper deck (6434,6461). Anyone stayed in any of these cabins? Is noise from the Lido a given early in the morning if I choose 8428? Any input would be helpful in pushing me in the right direction.

don't know about all of those but we just had a 9B 8427 with a loong balcony not any deeper than the others and the cabin was great & large...king bed, large sofa, and room for at least 2 rollaways if you wanted them...3 closets and in one a full lenght mirror...great cabin...would book it again in a heartbeat. I know that 8433 is a corner aft but not nearly as large. I guess your trade offs could be larger balcony or larger cabin..

We stayed in 6432 on the Victory and loved it. I'd take one of the L-shaped 8As anyday! We took a look at the wrap next door and while the balcony was nice, I'm not sure I'd pay the extra money if the L-shaped is available.

As for noise, we never heard any from the lounges. The only thing we heard (and felt) was the side thrusters each morning when we pulled into port. Of course that actually worked out well, it was a nice alarm to make sure we were up and moving on port days.

Here's a couple pictures. 6424 should be a mirror image of this one.

2675557950103832821S425x425Q85.jpg

2343073460103832821S425x425Q85.jpg

2167304950103832821S425x425Q85.jpg

This is probably an easy decision but I thought I would throw it out for some opinions. I currently have a L shaped 8A with the extended balcony (6424) reserved on the Triumph for next March. I have heard that these L shaped cabins are a good value for the money because of the extended balcony. My only concern is that the cabin is right above Club Rio and there might be noise until it closes. There are three 9C wraps open at the moment for a premium of $550 total for the two of us. One on veranda deck (8428) and two on upper deck (6434,6461). Anyone stayed in any of these cabins? Is noise from the Lido a given early in the morning if I choose 8428? Any input would be helpful in pushing me in the right direction.

We stayed in 6461 last year and loved it. We have booked aft wraps for the last 3 cruises, we love the wrap cabins.

We stayed in 6424 on the Triumph and LOVED IT!!! We would book that cabin again in a minute here is a picture of the balcony click on it and it will take you to more pictures of the cabin. Any questions I would be happy to answer them. At one time we had 13 people on the balcony and room for more :) We had no problem with any noise from above. There is a stairway right outside the door but it was only used during the muster drill, which worked great for us.

2124376810097654989S425x425Q85.jpg

We stayed in 6432 on the Victory and loved it. I'd take one of the L-shaped 8As anyday! We took a look at the wrap next door and while the balcony was nice, I'm not sure I'd pay the extra money if the L-shaped is available.

As for noise, we never heard any from the lounges. The only thing we heard (and felt) was the side thrusters each morning when we pulled into port. Of course that actually worked out well, it was a nice alarm to make sure we were up and moving on port days.

Here's a couple pictures. 6424 should be a mirror image of this one.

2675557950103832821S425x425Q85.jpg

2343073460103832821S425x425Q85.jpg

2167304950103832821S425x425Q85.jpg

Thanks for the pictures of the cabin. We have booked this cabin for our March cruise. We had an L shape room on the Destiny and loved it.

OP --We had a wrap balcony, but when we found out the L shape cabin next door was open and that we could get $500 OBC, we took the L shaped cabin. A LOT you can do with $500, in your case $550, and since there was only two of us, we really didn't need that big of a balcony.

don't know about all of those but we just had a 9B 8427 with a loong balcony not any deeper than the others and the cabin was great & large...king bed, large sofa, and room for at least 2 rollaways if you wanted them...3 closets and in one a full lenght mirror...great cabin...would book it again in a heartbeat. I know that 8433 is a corner aft but not nearly as large. I guess your trade offs could be larger balcony or larger cabin..

I am glad to hear that you liked this cabin, we have it booked for January 9th. Did you take any pictures of the cabin? We will have 4 people in this cabin, did you notice if the couch can convert into a bed? I was wondering if we would have 1 or 2 roll aways?:) Did you have good room stewards etc?? Can you tell I am excited for our cruise?:D

We had an aft balcony empress deck on the Conquest in May. It was an awesome view and lots of room. What no one tells you what need to know. Your neighbors can look into your balcony area on the aft side so little privacy there, but you have the port or starboard side private. Also, in the mornings there was always black smoot on the balcony floor. This of course was cleaned during the day, but we always have our morning coffee on the balcony before breakfast. I didn't mind the black on my feet that would wash off, the view was worth it.

We had an aft wrap just under the lido deck a few months ago.

We did hear noises from chairs scraping on the deck from time to time but not a big deal.

Great cabin and great balcony but only you can decide if it was worth the extra cost.

• 2 weeks later...

SJNB

Thanks for the pictures. It looks like the deck is deeper than 8428 and the room has a decent layout, but 8428 has the side wrap as well. I did switch to 8428 from the L shaped, but now I'm thinking about your cabin, it's still open.

Stayed in 6461 last Oct and had two aft cabins adjoining. It was fabulous we have 1/3 of the back of the ship and I always book a 9c if available. In my opinion it is the best cabin on the ship.

We stayed in room 6363 onboard Destiny which is the L shaped balcony room. It was great. Our friends were right next door and we opened the divider on the balcony to walk between rooms. I would take the L shaped room anyday. It is slightly larger than the regular balcony rooms and I feel it is laid out better. I believe the karaoke club was below us. We didn't hear a thing. I would book the L shaped balcony room any day.

I have a video of the room posted on my website carnival cruise discount

We just got off the Conquest and had a corner aft 6452, and we loved the large balcony and the room was fine. We had a cabin crawl with over 60 people and there was room for most of them. Never had any soot or things dropped on our balcony, but people above could see down into the balcony as there was no cover. I did check out the L shaped room next to it and liked that one too. Just have to decide if the balcony is worth the extra money.

[

we have an L shaped deck 6 cabin on splendor in april , and the aft wrap next door was available for months and i kept trying to talk myself into the upgrade;)

for us, i decided it wasnt worth the bucks, was about 600 more , and that pays for ALOT of stuff.

best of luck deciding , either way you are set up with a great cabin,me thinks:D

dave

• 1 month later...
We stayed in room 6363 onboard Destiny which is the L shaped balcony room. It was great. Our friends were right next door and we opened the divider on the balcony to walk between rooms. I would take the L shaped room anyday. It is slightly larger than the regular balcony rooms and I feel it is laid out better. I believe the karaoke club was below us. We didn't hear a thing. I would book the L shaped balcony room any day.

I have a video of the room posted on my website carnival cruise discount

Sorry to dig up a somewhat old thread. I watched your video and it appears your friends were in the cabin to the left of your room. Do you recall if the balcony on the right was also able to be opened? We are cruising with some friends in 6363 and 6371 and we are hoping to do the same...

We had an aft wrap on deck 8 on the Conquest last Sept., and the only problem was noise from the crew scraping tables and chairs above us on Lido every night when they mopped the floor. For that reason, we will not have another aft wrap on deck 8. Also, on the Triumph, the deck 8 aft wraps have queen beds, while the others have king beds. But we do LOVE the aft wraps and will have one on deck 7 on the Triumph in May. :)

We were in 8428 on the Triumph last week and loved it.

There was an occasional noise of a chair scooting, but it was not loud

enough to wake us. We only heard it once in a while.

here are a few pics of it:

STA71038.jpg

STA71040.jpg

STA71042.jpg

STA71047.jpg

STA71048.jpg

STA71479.jpg

Archived