Shopping Cozumel, Ochos Rios, Georgetown, Which is best?

It depends on what you are looking for I think. For example if you are looking for silver jewelery then Cozumel is the place to shop for that. They also have some really awesome leather/ostrich/alligator cowboy style boots by Reudel.

Jamaica has great coffee for souveniers.

Cayman has some cigar stores and some high end jewelery stores. I do have a favorite there!

Cozumel is probably the best place to walk around & shop. You will usually find better prices there. Ocho Rios has some nice shopping areas. Two you should take a taxi to & one is within walking distance. Caymans is the nicest to walk around & shop. They don't bother you, but they are more expensive.

Sovereign 598

Sovereign 599

Sovereign 500

Voyager 1100

Explorer 501

Radiance 1101

Majesty 302

Adventure 402

Enchantment 1102

Monarch 103

Legend 403

Navigator 1103

Mariner 304

Grandeur 404

Sovereign 504

Serenade 1104

If you swim with the Stingrays in GC, be sure to stop back in town and get a silver stingray charm for your bracelet or necklace.

If I am doing an excursion in Cozumel, will I have time to shop in Cozumel before boarding the ship? I don't think we leave the pier until 7:00.

<MARQUEE>Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

</MARQUEE>

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

I'd say for any silver or the sort, buy that in Cozumel. I got some great deals at Los Cinco Soles right in Puerta Maya when we were there a few weeks ago. Lots of silver..toe ring, bracelet, necklace, ring, five silver bangles and earrings for about $45. Nice stuff, too.

I've heard the shopping in Grand Cayman is great, too...gotta go for the Tortuga rum as it's the only place you can find it.

Not sure about Ocho Rios..didn't do much shopping there outside of the place right off the dock.

Lisa icon_smile.gif

Monarch of the Seas - 1994

Royal Majesty - 1996

Carnival Victory - 2004

<MARQUEE>A day at sea is better than a day at work</MARQUEE>

I have been the the Caymans a couple times, and I do suggest some rum or rumcake if you are into that. Otherwise, shopping in the Caymans is no deal - the island is very upscale. Great ports - enjoy!

Thanks to everyone. I will definitely check into the rum for me and the rum cake for my co-workers. We are scheduled to do a 3hr snorkeling excursion in Grand Caymans and probably won't have a lot of time to shop. I would like to get atleast something from each stop.

Particulars, hmm. I have three boys and a husband for souvenirs. I would also like to pick up some jewelry. Preferrably Gold, but you always need a little Silver. icon_smile.gif

Are there any restrictions on what you can bring back?

Fantasy 5/01

Deedee666 - I would think the best place for diamond earings would be Jamiaca.

I purchased a diamond ring and got a real good deal. When I got home I had it appraised and the value exceeded my expectations.

Hope this helps.

Grand Princess - Sept 2002

Voyager - Sept 2003

Roll call Explorer 09/19/04 click here

Archived