Aerial Tram which one?

Best of

Hi,

In February of 2010 we will be in Colon, Panama and then Limon, Costa Rica.

Both offer aerial tram rides. Any suggestions of which is the best? Who did you use to book? Cost? Any information will be a great help. Thanks. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I did both. The one in Panama was longer than the one in Costa Rica at Verugua rainforest. there is more to do at Verugua than just the tram ride though. In panama there is also a tall structure you climb and can see the river that feeds the locks.

Both were interesting.

There was another activity on the cruise listing for Panama that I would have preferred to go to, but was traveling with my mom and she wouldn't have been able to handle it.

So my preference would have been do something else in Panama and go to Verugua. But this worked out well and we all enjoyed it (mixed group including DS 12, me 40s, siblings 50 and 83 yo mom).

Panama was booked through Cruise line - per HAL, no one is allowed to come off in Gatun unless you have an excursion booked. By the time you dock in Cristobal there wouldn't be time for an excursion, you can only do things at the port.

Costa Rica I used a private tour guide - Euvangie tours - which I arranged ahead of time. Told him what I wanted to do and then was given the price.

It was an excellent trip and good value as we were able to go to more than one place, instead of having to do only one with the cruise tour.

All our stuff was safe, because the driver would stay with the van and the guide would come with us.

:eek:

Hi,

In February of 2010 we will be in Colon, Panama and then Limon, Costa Rica.

Both offer aerial tram rides. Any suggestions of which is the best? Who did you use to book? Cost? Any information will be a great help. Thanks. :)

We still have not booked our shore trips. :eek: I really need in put on this.

Hi Bestof,

Probably why you haven't gotten any responses, is because most people will not have done both aerial trams in both places, so really couldn't compare the two. I did a partial transit Panama Canal cruise, so on the Panama stop I took a ferry boat through locks to the Pacific side. If you aren't already booked on something that goes into/through the Panama Canal locks, it is quite interesting.

I did the aerial tram at Veruagua Rainforest from the stop at Limon, Costa Rica-it was very interesting. I booked it through Oscar Brown tours-also combined it with a 1 hour boat ride on the Tortueguero Canals. The tour through Oscar Brown was less than via the cruise line.

Good luck.

Best of I'm from Lawrenceville too! Just to let you know since you want to do it all...we (my wife and me) are sort of doing it all through Greenway tours( check them out http://www.costarica-ecotourism.com/index.htm) in May the 6 in 1 we think its the biggest bang for our buck and then when we go to Panama we will do the aerial tram. Have a great cruise!!!!

Andy

Hi Bestof,

Have a great cruise---it is COLD here in North Carolina, as I assume it is in your area! Warmth will feel good, I'm sure! We normally cruise in January, but decided to go over Thanksgiving as the deals were better-little did we know what a cold winter this would be. Oh well!

Best of I'm from Lawrenceville too! Just to let you know since you want to do it all...we (my wife and me) are sort of doing it all through Greenway tours( check them out http://www.costarica-ecotourism.com/index.htm) in May the 6 in 1 we think its the biggest bang for our buck and then when we go to Panama we will do the aerial tram. Have a great cruise!!!!

Andy

Hi Mr. & Mrs. Andy,

You are the first people from Lawrenceville I have met on these boards. It sure has been cold here in Lawrenceville. Just 3 weeks until we sail. :)

I have looked into the Greenway tours, but as a company they sponsor and encourage lifestyles we do not choose to support.

Which Aerial tram are you doing in Costa Rica? We will also be in Belize. We have been there before. We have done cave tubing, so we will try something different.

Have a blessed day,

I think i know the lifestyle you are talking about....no worries here! The arial tram we will do in Panama, we are going to do the 6 in 1 through Greenway.

Yeah go ahead and rub it in that you get to escape from this cold, cold weather:D I wish me and Jan were leaving a bit sooner, but Jan is going to school to be a teacher (2nd career, through brenaus masters program) so we have to plan things around her schedule, usually we like to cruise in March or April (much cheaper )

In Belize we were suppose to do the airboat ride but we missed it (ships fault not ours:eek:)

Best of...we do have a Georgia cruisers group on FB....come check us out.....there is power in numbers so you might be able to find other cruisers wanting to go to the same plavce and Form a group.

Its nice to meet another lawrencevillian (I guess thats a word) That likes to cruise because I thought I was all by myself....sound like a song cue

Andy

Archived