Is Spencer Ambrose worth it if...

Infi

We'll be visiting St. Lucia on 12/25, and I've been emailing with Spencer. He said that due to a family commitment, he will not be personally giving the tours that day, but one of his assistants will. Is the tour worth it/just as good even if you go with an assistant instead of Spencer himself? Would love feedback from those who have done tours with his assistants.

Also, I was wondering about the transportation. He said they're 14 & 15 seater vans. Does he pack them full? It sounds like it could get uncomfortable. I don't need or want a private tour, but that sounds like a lot of people and I hate it when taxis do that. Thanks for any advice you can give.

My wife and I just used Spencer last week and we had the same situation - his brother Small gave the tour.

I can tell you that we were thoroughly satisfied and not dissapointed in anyway.

We ended up being the only ones with Small that day, so even though we didnt book a private tour, thats what we got.

Im going to have a more detailed review with pictures coming soon, but I can tell you that despite not having Spencer himself there, I was fully satisfied.

As soon as I get the review going, I'll post a link so you can see it.

Yes, you will have a great time. Spencer has great character. But, generally his brother Small helps Spencer as well. And remember, they are brothers. Spencer is just a very big strong broad shouldered man. Small is only alil smaller.

We requested a tour with a alteration of 2 hours at Cockleshell beach. We started our tour with 7 people in the 15 seater van. Even half full we had lots of viewing and nothing uncomforteable. The van looked new.

Small met up with us near the Banana Plantation and took the other family of 3 on with him for thier style of tour. What a great day. The folks that spent the day with Small also agreed it was well worth every penny and very entertaining and an enjoyeable day.

After being in St. Thomas and seeing the beauty it offers, I want to return and I wouldnt go with any other outfit. Have fun and go with a happy mind and a day of peace. Spencer is a strong devoted family man, and as a Christian, I imagine he doesnt want to compremise time with his family and children on such a traditional honored holiday...but, thats just my opionion. Christmas is a tough time to get any service. I would be honored that Small is open to entertain and delight all. Have a great time...hope you send pictures...

Thanks, shelling4life and mr middy. Hearing both of your experiences helped a lot, especially about the vans and Small. Thank you.

mr middy - I look forward to your review, I've enjoyed the ones I've read here about Spencer's tours.

Shelling4life - I completely understand why Spencer won't be available that day. In fact, I always feel a bit like a heel when cruise ships spend Christmas day in port instead of at sea, which almost forces the locals to come out and cater to the tourists instead of celebrating the holiday. I just wanted some reassurance about Spencer's assistants, considering how much CC loves Spencer. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We also toured with Small on Dec 9th and had a wonderful time. Spencer had a group of 14 that day and we went with Small and had a group of 6. I personally prefer to be in the smaller group and Small was an exceptional host. If you get Small you won't be disappointed. Enjoy your day, St Lucia is beautiful!

Archived