Golden, Serenade or Constellation???

LarryF

My wife and I are currently holding space on the Golden Princess, RCL Serenade and Celebrity Constellation for an April 10 sailing all in the Southern Caribbean. This will be our 12th cruise and in the past five years we have sailed on the Grand Princess, Carribean Princess, NCL Sun, Holland America Zuiderdam and the RCL Grandeur of the Seas They were each unique and we enjoyed each one very much in different ways.

We have always had an ocean view or balcony cabin, but his year with two kids in college and one of them starting law school next year, our financial situation dictates we are going to have to get an inside cabin. We can get a cabin on the Golden Princess for more than $300 less than the RCL or Celebrity Cruises and we put down a $200 deposit for a future cruis while we on board the Caribbean Princess last June. However, we have heard great things about the Constellatoin and the Serenade and am already familiar with the cruising experience we can expect on the Golden. My queston to others who are not "stuck" on just one cruise line and enjoy trying new lines, would it be worth the extra $300 to get a new experince on the Constellaton or Serenade? If so, which one and why

Thanks...

Larry

Have traveled on both the Serenade, Southern Caribbean last January, and the Constellation, Western Mediterranean in Sept. of '03. Serenade was a good ship, but the Constellation was a great ship. If any ship is worth the $300, that ship would be it. Having said that, my advice would be to stay on the Golden Princess and use the $300 you'd spend on either of the other two ships on an oceanview or balcony cabin.

Archived