Suugestions on what to use or wear so other CC members can find you?

cazz0069

With our cruise coming up in February, and a really cool bunch of people on our roll call. Does anyone have any ideas of what we can all wear or use to help identify each other. I was actually going to get my profile name on a transfer and put that on my shirt, but its bit much to expect other people to do this. Something fun and orginal, if anyone has any ideas, all feedback welcomed..cheers Jas :):D:p

With our cruise coming up in February, and a really cool bunch of people on our roll call. Does anyone have any ideas of what we can all wear or use to help identify each other. I was actually going to get my profile name on a transfer and put that on my shirt, but its bit much to expect other people to do this. Something fun and orginal, if anyone has any ideas, all feedback welcomed..cheers Jas :):D:p

Hi Cazz! on my last cruise all of our roll call wore a feather boa when they wanted to be recognised! worked like a dream haha you could see where someone had been too as there were feathers all over tahiti!

Icy

hi cazz, i have a blue CC cap so people find me

rkmw

our roll call wore a feather boa haha

Hey come on Icy be serious, get with the program .......

what colour do you suggest for my rapidly greying beard and what's left of my similarly coloured hair:D

For all you meat lovers out there stay tuned for the Beef Wellington T-Shirt ....... I'm working on a prototype.

Regards, Tom.

Hey come on Icy be serious, get with the program .......

what colour do you suggest for my rapidly greying beard and what's left of my similarly coloured hair:D

For all you meat lovers out there stay tuned for the Beef Wellington T-Shirt ....... I'm working on a prototype.

Regards, Tom.

Haha Tom...the good thing with that though, i now know what you look like, so wont need to be identified...although the beef wellington shirt sounds interesting :p

The CC store has a number of cruise critic items such as hats etc.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/

You can even just get some caps made up at your local shopping centre with CC and your name on them.

A few groups do get together and get matching t shirts made.

You could also use leis or rio beads for identification. Usually if you set a place and time you will find each other.

..although the beef wellington shirt sounds interesting :p

You can have one of the first prototypes if it works out ,,, Aldi sell t-shirt transfer paper that you can download your photos to, then just iron on .....

Regards, Tom.

On one cruise we attached a piece of ribbon to our clothing for our meet and greet, as it was in one of the public bars, and it also worked well.

Hi Marg, we did find each other easily with the ribbons.....:D

I was also on Icy's Tahiti cruise wearing the feather Boa's, however, they made me break out in a rash :eek:

It is nice to meet up with fellow cruisers you have been keeping in contact with beforehand...putting faces to names..

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

Brushtail, I'm on your cruise too! But I dont have a fancy hat :( I love the boa idea. If I wear one of those you'll know its me (even though all nonCC-ers will think I'm completely nuts and when you put one on my husband.......he'll get plenty of sideways looks!:D Which of those gorgeous people is you?

I'm wearing the Blue CC hat and brown coloured top, front and centre. :p

The other CCers wearing hats are:

CheznAndy, DucknChook (back row)

Karmac, Franco & Epal, my husband Phil, Charlie Girl (second back row)

Icemaiden2310, Brushtail (me) (second row)

Bill and Gwen (front row).

We got the hats from ebay, we just found someone there who would embroider them so they are similar and ebay made it easier for others to buy theirs.

Some of the other CCers just printed out my photo and took a pre-bought hat to an embroidery place to have theirs done.

They're great and it's become my cruising hat.

hi cazz, i have a blue CC cap so people find me

rkmw

Most smart people find you but I recall talking to you and Kay last November and after we left my husband said "do you know him from the forum?" and I wondered what the heck he was talking about. I said "What do you mean " and he replied "He's wearing a CC hat"

What hat I thought I didn't even notice the hat.

I just hope I am more observant in the future

Anyway - my suggestion for recognition - what about a coloured rubber wrist band.

Di

Most smart people find you but I recall talking to you and Kay last November and after we left my husband said "do you know him from the forum?" and I wondered what the heck he was talking about. I said "What do you mean " and he replied "He's wearing a CC hat"

What hat I thought I didn't even notice the hat.

I just hope I am more observant in the future

Anyway - my suggestion for recognition - what about a coloured rubber wrist band.

Di

For an attention seeking person like myself Di, i think a wrist band is a little too obscure:p Although having said that i wouldnt go so far as the feather boa either hehe:) May go with the hat idea...or the t-shirt. We actually met some of of the CC`ers on Sunday at lunch and now he wants to get t-shirts made up with a pic of the most amazing beef wellington we had for lunch on it...that could be kinda cute GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=8ec5a262-e30a-11de-a14b-00237de46152&Aux=44%7C0%7C8CC452E78078C10%7C%7C

would certainly have people wondering... ***** :p

If I did'nt know better I would swear that the man in the front row left with dark blue shirt and jeans was Col "the Fox" as we were also on Pacific Dawns inaugural cruise and have sailed with Col on two occassions I Know he was not on that cruise and going by his profile he has'nt sailed on the Pacific Dawn he must have a twin brother! SCARY RESEMBLENCE !!!!

Hi Cazz! on my last cruise all of our roll call wore a feather boa when they wanted to be recognised! worked like a dream haha you could see where someone had been too as there were feathers all over tahiti!

Icy

Yes the Boas that worked lol

For an attention seeking person like myself Di, i think a wrist band is a little too obscure:p Although having said that i wouldnt go so far as the feather boa either hehe:) May go with the hat idea...or the t-shirt. We actually met some of of the CC`ers on Sunday at lunch and now he wants to get t-shirts made up with a pic of the most amazing beef wellington we had for lunch on it...that could be kinda cute GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=8ec5a262-e30a-11de-a14b-00237de46152&Aux=44%7C0%7C8CC452E78078C10%7C%7C

would certainly have people wondering... ***** :p

I would sure spot you if your shirt had beef welington on it.

I would notice all foods on shirts or hats lol

Di

• 3 months later...
Here are a bunch of CCers on the Pacific Dawn's maiden cruise wearing our CC hats we had made up on ebay.

1943235337_84d96f8895.jpg?v=0

Here are our hats. I've worn mine on 4 cruises and will wear it again in February.

4165729706_2985bf9a6d_m.jpg

Hi Guys Livingstone here, You know I think those hats that you have had done look better that the ones you can buy from the online store. I think thats what I am going to do for my cruises on ROS if December 2010. thanks for the hot tip. regards.

I have scanned a copy of the Cruise Critic logo and printed out business size cards with our names on them and put them into a clip-on card holder. Works well

I tell you what, soon as the staff see `cruise critic` on a shirt or lanyard, dont be surprised to be even more spoilt. On sailaway, we both got at least 2 free cocktails, despite telling staff, that cruise critic was a website of amateur cruisers who swapped tips and pointers etc on cruising..they had it in their heads, we were secretly reviwing them and would give them extra marks if we were given free drinks. Here is a picture of my partner Eric with the lanyards we were all wearing and a pic of my t-shirt (both with the infamous beef wellington):)

24932_379489770447_525075447_4254156_5170000_n.jpg.fb961f688858c0adf55f74f9b2ddc8f1.jpg

23809_347439000447_525075447_4090164_448686_n.jpg.132e04d7c0956fbc0fabd16ad1a5719d.jpg

we made badges one time, wore red bandanas another time, and purple "mardi gras beads" another time...a couple of times we met other cruisecritic people in the waiting area before boarding just thru hearing other people's conversations. we did a cruisecritic cruise one time and the whole group had matching shirts made up ahead of time. we were seated one cruise, for dinner, at a large table with what turned out to be cruise critic people that we had been talking to for a year (we had not planned this, it was just the luck of table assignments).

Have a great trip.

Beverly

Archived