Golen, Serenade or Constellaton

LarryF

My wife and I are currently holding space on the Golden Princess, RCL Serenade and Celebrity Constellation for an April 10 sailing all in the Southern Caribbean. This will be our 12th cruise and in the past five years we have sailed on the Grand Princess, Carribean Princess, NCL Sun, Holland America Zuiderdam and the RCL Grandeur of the Seas They were each unique and we enjoyed each one very much in different ways.

We have always had an ocean view or balcony cabin, but his year with two kids in college and one of them starting law school next year, our financial situation dictates we are going to have to get an inside cabin. We can get a cabin on the Golden Princess for more than $300 less than the RCL or Celebrity Cruises and we put down a $200 deposit for a future cruis while we on board the Caribbean Princess last June. However, we have heard great things about the Constellatoin and the Serenade and am already familiar with the cruising experience we can expect on the Golden. My queston to others who are not "stuck" on just one cruise line and enjoy trying new lines, would it be worth the extra $300 to get a new experince on the Constellaton or Serenade? If so, which one and why

Thanks...

Larry

Of the 3, we have only been on the Serenade and we loved the ship itself. We just got off the Star Princess and thought the service and the food was much much better than the Serenade, although the Serenade was very good. The Celebrity Millennium was a close second for food and service, but I really am not planning on spending the extra money for Celebrity unless they have an itinerary that we really like.

Thanks for your reply....the itinerary for the Golden and the Serenade are the same and we love the itinerary. I think I am leaning toward the Golden Princess and and we can use the extra money for tours in the ports.

Thanks

Of the ones you mentioned, I have only been on the Constellation and I loved it and would go on her again anytime! The ship was beautiful, the service perfect and everything else from the food to the entertainment were wonderful. I just found something very "classy" about it. I have been on 2 cruise lines and am now trying out Princess in a few weeks.

We were on the Golden out of San Juan in October and really enjoyed the ship. We also had a great time with the people from our roll call making the trip even better.

I have my older relatives booked on the Serenade on April 23 (Panama Canal). This ship receives very good reviews and was quite a bit less expensive than the Regal Princess. They are really looking forward to it. I have been on the AOS and feel that RCCL and Princess both do an excellent job in all areas. I believe that the Serenade is a bit smaller than the Golden if that matters to you.

Sounds like you're in a win-win situation!

Thanks for the information. I booked the Golden Princess today for the week of Arpil 10! The other ships were appealing, but the price difference made the decision easy! Very excited, but a little concerned about the situation in Curacas.....anyone have any update on that Port?

Just got home from the 1-2-05 Golden Princess sailing. We did not go to Caracas. Isla (de) Margarita was substituted. It was lovely, and from what I understand has been substituted often for Caracas. The stay is very brief, I believe we docked at 7am and left at 12:30pm.

Archived