VIP amenities

pixiedustdawn

Are you referring to the Gold ,Silver and Platinum levels for repeat cruisers?

If so as Platinum we received a free dinner at Palos, a leather document holder, 2 metal beverage holders with DCL logos on them, large red and black beach bag, choice of 2 special tours not available to others, a choice of either a fruit basket, shrimp cocktails, cheese platter or sparkling wine delivered to our room for free.A special party for some of the return guests, I think it was gold and platinum members only with snacks and the Captain talking where we received a plastic wine goblet with the DCL logo on it. At check in we also received a lanyard for each o us with Platinum written on them.

I think that was all.

Kathy

Are you referring to the Gold ,Silver and Platinum levels for repeat cruisers?

If so as Platinum we received a free dinner at Palos, a leather document holder, 2 metal beverage holders with DCL logos on them, large red and black beach bag, choice of 2 special tours not available to others, a choice of either a fruit basket, shrimp cocktails, cheese platter or sparkling wine delivered to our room for free.A special party for some of the return guests, I think it was gold and platinum members only with snacks and the Captain talking where we received a plastic wine goblet with the DCL logo on it. At check in we also received a lanyard for each o us with Platinum written on them.

I think that was all.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I wasn't but loved knowing that info! What tours were you offered? What kind of tours?

I think I found my answer to my question. VIP amenities are considered just the "treats" that are sent to the cabin.

Thanks for the new info on Platinum members!

Dawn

You could choose between 2 tours. One was on CC and it had to do with sea life of some kind.. I am sorry I cant remember exactly what it was because it didnt sound interesting to me and I cant find my paper right now that tells me.

we did the other tour. It was a backstage tour of the theater. We had done that before but this one was so much better. Much more detailed.

we even got on stage and tried on costumes and rode up and down on one of the lifts on the stage that the performers and props come up on.

while we were down on it, deck 2 we saw how they store all the props for that nights performance and how the actors got ready to go up and magically appear on stage. also all the safety features for the performers during the waves and bouncing of the seas. Plus they raised up the 2 back walls to show us prop storage. Then we saw a film about how they store things between shows but to have them ready to go for the next show. It was time lapsed because it takes 90 minutes to do that.

It was a great tour.

I do have a trip report on the main page for the 11/7 cruise with photos and I did post us in costumes of a princess and prince charming.

Kathy

You could choose between 2 tours. One was on CC and it had to do with sea life of some kind.. I am sorry I cant remember exactly what it was because it didnt sound interesting to me and I cant find my paper right now that tells me.

we did the other tour. It was a backstage tour of the theater. We had done that before but this one was so much better. Much more detailed.

we even got on stage and tried on costumes and rode up and down on one of the lifts on the stage that the performers and props come up on.

while we were down on it, deck 2 we saw how they store all the props for that nights performance and how the actors got ready to go up and magically appear on stage. also all the safety features for the performers during the waves and bouncing of the seas. Plus they raised up the 2 back walls to show us prop storage. Then we saw a film about how they store things between shows but to have them ready to go for the next show. It was time lapsed because it takes 90 minutes to do that.

It was a great tour.

I do have a trip report on the main page for the 11/7 cruise with photos and I did post us in costumes of a princess and prince charming.

Kathy

Sounds like a great tour. I do remember one tour that I did backstage years ago, but this sounds very intricate. Were there a lot of people that did this tour? Thanks for the info.

Archived