Another Booze Question

t12young

We emptied a bottle of (white) rum into a water bottle on our Carnival cruise, in March. No problemo!

Then, last week, we went on an NCL Caribbean cruise.

Same rum-in-a-water-bottle technique.

Alas, the luggage didn't show up at our suite for several hours.

Then, a message under the door:

"Please report to the congo room"

Alas, they found the bottle and took it ... until disembarkation.

smiley6.gif

It's in our cruise diary.

We emptied a bottle of (white) rum into a water bottle on our Carnival cruise, in March. No problemo!

"Please report to the congo room"

Alas, they found the bottle and took it ... until disembarkation.

smiley6.gif

It's in our cruise diary.

LOL@congo room! Love it! :D

[quote name='scchasgal']By the liter. Ignore the snarky comments some jump on everything, grammar, spelling, questions they don't read correctly and answer same.[/quote]

Personally I'm fine with folks jumping on poor grammer......but that's just me......I think the sentence above should be "...and answer THE same WAY". :rolleyes:

[quote name='LOWTYD']Email the ship coordinator : shipcoordinator<yourShipName>@ncl.com, You can ask, but they normally don't deviate from the list. DH like Kettle One but settled for Absolut.[/quote]

I recently exchanged emails with them and they were very good about answering questions. They did request I order 2 weeks prior to the sailing date. I believe the brands and sizes they carry are the same for the entire NCL fleet. Prices are of course very high. This is one of my pet peeves; I will gladly play about twice what I'd pay in a liquor store for my favorite brand, but that's about it. Sixty-three dollars for a liter of gin is a little steep for me. So I suppose no martini sipping in the cabin before dinner on this cruise....right?:rolleyes:

[quote name='SeaShark']

I can't buy a case of beer at a bar...but I can buy 24 beers. Just because I pay for 24 beers doesn't mean that they have sold me a case.[/quote]

You're right. Some cases only contain 12 bottles. In that case I'd say they would have sold you TWO cases, not one! But of course only if they also gave your a wooden, plastic or other contain in which to put your 24 bottles....

Jeez, this thread is really getting bizarre!:D

[quote name='Inuvikcouple']I was going to suggest that you are both idiots but then I realized that I am the idiot for reading this whole thread. Obviously we all need to get a life.[/quote]

A little too harsh perhaps, but yes, I agree with you....at least on the last of your post! I think that's it for me in this thread. :D

[quote name='cruzndiz']why is someone so anxious to buy a BOTTLE of Vodka when they are cruising with their children?? How much can one drink in a week or 10 days in the limited # of hours they have to stay inside their cabin because the kids are....what, sleeping?[/quote]

Couldn't pass on this one.......

I knew some folks who would agree with you......unless their two boys became teenagers!:D

[quote name='PJames']We emptied a bottle of (white) rum into a water bottle on our Carnival cruise, in March. [B]No problemo![/B]

[I]"Please report to the congo room"[/I]
.....[/quote]

[I]"... please report to the congo room...."[/I]

I have read on the NCL formum here at CC that this can unfortunately can happen even if the water bottle containes only [B]water[/B] (or mouthwash, etc). That's my only complaint against NCL's "policy" - they inconvenience their passengers if there is simply the [I]hint[/I] of liquor being in the bag. My wife and I usually bring a bottle of water with special top for shore excursions, and I'd be irritated to be called down just for that. I'm sure they would be apologetic, but it would still be a major inconvenience for me and would probably be my last cruise with NCL.

Let me say I have never smuggled anything "against the rules" on an NCL ship, so I have no personal experience with how it actually works. From an administrative viewpoint I don't see how they can afford the manpower, time or detection equipment to examine all the checked baggage, so I assume they probably pick every 10th bag or so. I really don't know.

Hopefully I will not be called down to that naughty room on our cruise!:D I have no problem with them confiscating contraband, but I don't want to be inconvenienced, but neither do I want them pawing through our luggage.

Archived